combat hapkido

drummingman

Blue Belt
Reaction score
i have heard about this style before over the years.i just found out that there is a place in my area that teaches this style.here is the website http://hapkidosdc.com/index.html
what do you all think of this style of martial arts? from what i can tell it looks killer.

ajs1976

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Have you actually started training in anything yet, or are you still researching?

Use the search feature. There is a lot of information here about Combat Hapkido and GM Pellegrini.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best way to find out if you like it is go and try a class or two and see if it is what you want from a Self defense or Martial art prespective.
Best of luck to you

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Started studying Combat Hapkido a few years ago and I love it..Like Terry posted try a class or two..The best way for exposure is to attend a seminar conducted by GM Pellegrini..That's what did it for me..

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Started studying Combat Hapkido a few years ago and I love it..Like Terry posted try a class or two..The best way for exposure is to attend a seminar conducted by GM Pellegrini..That's what did it for me..

From all accounts from people that I know who have some Combat Hapkido training it is a great system.

OP
drummingman

drummingman

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Have you actually started training in anything yet, or are you still researching?

Use the search feature. There is a lot of information here about Combat Hapkido and GM Pellegrini.
i juts sprung my ankle last week so im waiting to get started.

OP
drummingman

drummingman

Blue Belt
Reaction score
this style does look very cool though.i hope to go check out a class soon.
do any of you know of a website that can give me some good info on this style? i went to the home page of this style and its down for now.

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
I remember reading statements from Mr. Pelligrini years back, when this style first came about. I loved the idea of dojo time being for self defense, and the fitness stuff, for personal time. Having an old school mind set about the arts, I loved it! I hope this is still the way it's done.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I remember reading statements from Mr. Pelligrini years back, when this style first came about. I loved the idea of dojo time being for self defense, and the fitness stuff, for personal time. Having an old school mind set about the arts, I loved it! I hope this is still the way it's done.

His mindset has not changed..I encourage anyone that is afforded the oppertunity to attend a seminar with GM Pellegrini..

OP
drummingman

drummingman

Blue Belt
Reaction score
from what i have seen this is the style at this point that i want to try.i just have to wait for my foot to get better.
i still hope to go watch a class soon and i have been doing some reading about the style on line.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
from what i have seen this is the style at this point that i want to try.i just have to wait for my foot to get better.
i still hope to go watch a class soon and i have been doing some reading about the style on line.

Reading is good, but the real test is out there on the mat...Keep us posted..

MasterMcGowan

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi my name is Master McGowan and I am a 4th Dan in Combat Hapkido, have been studying for many years with G.M P and recommend the ICHF to anyone who is looking for a practical system to train in, please visit the ICHF at www.ichf.com if you have any other concerns, or contact me I would be more than happy to answer any question's you may have, good luck and hope the ankle gets better soon.
www.chandlerkarate.com

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi my name is Master McGowan and I am a 4th Dan in Combat Hapkido, have been studying for many years with G.M P and recommend the ICHF to anyone who is looking for a practical system

Welcome Sir..Stop over to the Meet and Greet forum and introduce yourself to the rest of us...

OP
drummingman

drummingman

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hi my name is Master McGowan and I am a 4th Dan in Combat Hapkido, have been studying for many years with G.M P and recommend the ICHF to anyone who is looking for a practical system to train in, please visit the ICHF at www.ichf.com if you have any other concerns, or contact me I would be more than happy to answer any question's you may have, good luck and hope the ankle gets better soon.
www.chandlerkarate.com
thanks.if i have any questions i'll make sure to ask you.

Latest Discussions