'Combat Conditioning' work or not?

K

Kris

Hi,

This thread is about the 'Combat Conditioning' program by Matt Furey. I'm interested in this program, but it strikes me as a 'to good to be true' type of thing, i was wondering if anyone here had any experience with it?

heres a link to the website:

http://www.mattfurey.com/

I'm looking for a program to help just generally increase my strength, however the more specifically it is related to martial arts than just general body building the better.

Is there other better ways of training?

The other question i had was what are peoples thoughts on dietary supplemenets?

I'm incredibly suspicious of what is in them and would definately like to learn more about them before i consider trying them. I'm thinking of things such as the ones made by Bio Nutronics, Red Bak (www.redbak.net) etc. In particular im interested in muscle building protein based supplements, however i want to be certain they aren't going to be illegal substances for competition use, or have some negative impact on my health. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Avoid Furey. Some of his stuff is fine. A lot of it is silly. Some of it is harmful. One of the guys in my Wing Chun class managed to hurt himself fairly badly doing one of the exercises in the Combat Conditioning book.

OP
M

markulous

The mental/spiritual side or "Magnetic Mind Power™" as he calls it I believe is a waste of money. $150 for something that Buddhism can teach you is not worth my buck.

Latest Discussions