Chuck Norris Supports Bible in Schools (story)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Chuck Norris' beard proves that he's a strong christian and his roundhouse kicks will make everyone to be sure to remember it. :D

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Chuck Norris kicks *** for the Lord!

(New research into the bible proves that Armageddon in fact means "Chuck`s final roundhouse" in hebrew)

Ram

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The bible should be taught as a historical document as it had a big impact on western civilization and literature. Of course it should not be taught as a religious path in school. I would hate to see any path Wiccan ,Buddhist, Islamic pushed on students. In other words a class on literature with the bible in it as a historical document is fine. The bible as a path to a truth has no place in school. That is the realm of family and church.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chuck will have his way or kick the crap out of everybody.
Terry

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet though.

Jeff

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ram said:
The bible should be taught as a historical document as it had a big impact on western civilization and literature. Of course it should not be taught as a religious path in school. I would hate to see any path Wiccan ,Buddhist, Islamic pushed on students. In other words a class on literature with the bible in it as a historical document is fine. The bible as a path to a truth has no place in school. That is the realm of family and church.

The course that the Norrises are endorsing seems to agree.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
JeffJ said:
He is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet though.

Jeff

... and a shining example of all that's best in the martial arts. He's my MA hero.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Josh Oakley said:
The course that the Norrises are endorsing seems to agree.

I don't think Chuck is teaching Bible studies in Martial Arts classes. If he were I would not agree with it either.

But it is after all Chuck and he could be watching so the safest root is to say way to go Chuck.

Ram

Orange Belt
Reaction score
While I did find this on thier web site

The curriculum for the program shows a concern to convey the content of the Bible as compared to literature and history. The program is concerned with education rather than indoctrination of students. The central approach of the class is simply to study the Bible as a foundation document of society, and that approach is altogether appropriate in a comprehensive program of secular education.
Which seems like a fine idea that I can agree with.I also found troubling things like links to Dr. Carl Baugh and Dr. Kent Hovind who are total fakes and Hovind is a tax evader.
Also links to the wall builders which is a group who wants to merge religion and goverment a bad idea for both sides involved.

Ram

Orange Belt
Reaction score
As long as they stay historical they are fine by me. But some of thier supporters are dangerously close to wanting a theocracy which makes me nervous about the whole thing.

Either way I like Chuck as a martial artist and he seems like a good guy.:)

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not Christian, and I agree, the bible should be looked at in schools. It is a very important document in terms of history and the growth of western society. You simply cannot study certain periods in history without bringing in the bible and it's message.

That said, so should other important documents. The Qur'an, Confusious, Plato, Aristotle, Teachings of Buhhda, etc.

TonyMac

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm dissapointed. I used to really like chuck. After his phoney positive portrayal of a texas ranger(read indian killers, mexican killers and slave bounty hunters) as a cherokee boy from oklahoma he should be ashamed of himself. I really don't need historical revisionist thumping on the bible for me. He needs to learn some real history and get honest.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am very glad he is helping get the Bible into schools. He still has some good work ahead of him for The Lord.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm dissapointed. I used to really like chuck. After his phoney positive portrayal of a texas ranger(read indian killers, mexican killers and slave bounty hunters) as a cherokee boy from oklahoma he should be ashamed of himself. I really don't need historical revisionist thumping on the bible for me. He needs to learn some real history and get honest.

Not only that, but he drives a modern truck. Everyone knows Texas Rangers didn't drive Dodge Rams when they were bounty hunting slaves, that happened way back in the old GMC days.

Also, reading the link, I didn't get the feeling there was any bible thumping going on, just students being given a choice. Just because it isn't a choice I would probably make, doesn't mean I would refuse others that choice.

Latest Discussions