Christmas Dr. Who

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched the new Christmas edition of Dr. Who, very good, it starts with a new doctor...............

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sigh...it'll be awhile before it makes it way here to the US. I'll just have to practice my patience.

Aefibird

Green Belt
Reaction score
SPOILER ALERT!

I was slightly disappointed in this year's Christmas Special, athough I did think it was an improvement on the one from last year (the one with Kylie in it). I thought the idea of a Victorian Cyberman invasion was a good one, but it just seemed a bit rushed towards the end, as though it could have done with being about 15-20 mins longer.

And as for the Cyber robot, IMO that was just daft. Yes, I know the show is about a guy who travels in time and space in a wooden blue box, but there's daft and there's daft!! lol

On the plus side, I thought David Morrisey was excellent and it's a shame that they've not chosen him to really be the next Doctor as I thought it was a cracking performance. He had just a little bit of every other Doctor in him too, which was a nice touch, as he was supposed to be "The Doctor".

I also LOVED Mercy Hartigan's red dress! Thought that looked fantastic in the snow, especially at the funeral/graveside scene.

Anyway, I'm off to watch the 7th Doctor now on DVD. "Battlefield", a very well-received Christmas present!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All hail to the Doctor to come where there should be less frantic running and a bit more dark bitterness.

Oh and Dervla Kerwin, especially in that dress - yes please :D.

Ramirez

Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh and Dervla Kerwin, especially in that dress - yes please :D.
Quoted for truth.

I liked the Christmas special, saw it online (anyone in NA who can't wait can pm me.)

As an aside, I thought David Morrissey would have made a great doctor as was the rumour, we know know that was bollocks now though.

Other than Morrissey I was hoping that James Nesbitt would take on the role but he said anyone following Tennant would be committing career suicide.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Interesting last point - Tennant has made rather a strong impression as he brought through the tormented elements of the Doctor's past-personal-history.

Some things were hinted at that I thought were very 'dark' with plenty of scope for story development but these were masked by the constant "Run!" and the hints that the last remaining Time Lord swings 'both ways' (Yeah, right! A certain director needs to sort out his own facets from those of the fiction he pens).

Ramirez

Black Belt
Reaction score
A certain director needs to sort out his own facets from those of the fiction he pens).

LOL...yeah Davies got a bit over the top with the gay agenda, I imagine there will be less of that with Moffat in charge though.

Aefibird

Green Belt
Reaction score
LOL...yeah Davies got a bit over the top with the gay agenda, I imagine there will be less of that with Moffat in charge though.

With any luck there will be, as Davies might has well have renamed the show Doctor Who and the Gay Agenda!!

I'm hoping that with Moff in charge the series will be totally agenda-free (or is than an agenda in itself?? ;) )

Latest Discussions