Chinese Martial Arts Weapons forum

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
A boxer challenged a TCMA girl and the TCMA girl accepted. During the fighting day, the boxer brought his boxing gloves

boxingglovesg.jpg

and the TCMA girl brought her Dadao.

her_dadao.jpg

:lfao:

Isn't that just like a boxer to bring gloves to a dadao fight :D

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm not a big weapons person, but as a Bagua guy I gotta say I love the deer horn knives, the Bagua big knife (also called dadao), and the Bagua needles.

613dcf54fa67cfca6e0adba0cc4a0450.jpg

YinFu_Dao.jpg

Emei.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
There was a battalion in the peasant division of the Chinese Army in WW2. The Big Blades. Go look them up.

Yes, yes they did

Chinese military Big Saber

The Chinese Military Big-Saber 大刀 (Da Dao) was made famous by the 29th Army of the Chinese Nationalist Army fighting against the Japanese invaders during the 1930s. Legend has it that it's so effective that heads could be cut off easily with ease.

The 29th Army fought and held their position for 7 days and 7 nights at Xifengkou, killing 3000 enemies. However, in the 500 elite soldiers of the 大刀隊 (Da Dao Dui) "Big-Saber Contingent", only 20 survived.

On 9th March 1933, 金恩忠 (Jin En-Zhong) was assigned the Northwest Army's "Big-Saber Contingent". Subsequently on June 1933, he published 實用大刀術 (Shi yong Da Dao Shu), "Practical Big-Saber Techniques".

dadaodui4.jpg

training2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ironcrane

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I've had only a tiny bit of training with the staff, and broadsword. But I have handled a lot of weapons before. My favorites were the spear, and the tiger hooks.

Latest Discussions