Chinese Boxing

S

Sakimaru

Anyone know about chinese boxing? My friend has studied it and is now qualified to teach. He says it is the most effective self defense martial art.

If YOU know about it, can you tell me about the training, the history, techniques used, etc.?

OP
T

theneuhauser

chinese boxing is a general term used to describe the chinese martial art style. unless you are referring specifically to san shou or san da which is chinese kickboxing (more of a sport). and respect to your friend, but i never listen to anyone that tells me that their martial art is the "most effective"

OP
S

Sakimaru

Thank you for your response.

Can you tell me more about this 'san shou'?

OP
T

theneuhauser

its alot like western kickboxing, but it also allows for throws, if you throw the opponent to the ground, it scores you a point. i think thats great because it reduces the number of "clinches" that get so annoying to watch in western boxing.

OP
H

Hu Ren Qianzai Long

Originally posted by theneuhauser

chinese boxing is a general term used to describe the chinese martial art style. unless you are referring specifically to san shou or san da which is chinese kickboxing (more of a sport)

I Agree with this, and I know that San Shou (Or San Shu) is, in Wushu, "the training in forms of kung fu with a partner, in which each participant trains in the Individual techniques of attack and defense". That's San Shu.:asian:

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by theneuhauser

chinese boxing is a general term used to describe the chinese martial art style. unless you are referring specifically to san shou or san da which is chinese kickboxing (more of a sport). and respect to your friend, but i never listen to anyone that tells me that their martial art is the "most effective"

Very true...what else to say...ditto.

7sm

OP
S

Shinryu

Usual Term describing Chinese Boxing = Kung-Fu or Chinese Martial Arts.

For example. In a B. Lee movied, said he knows Chinese Boxing, meaning he knew Chinese Martial Arts. :rolleyes:

Latest Discussions