Children's television presenters stopped using anti-terrorism powers while filming

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...sing-anti-terrorism-powers-while-filming.html

Children's television presenters stopped using anti-terrorism powers while filming

Two children’s television presenters, Anna Williamson and Jamie Rickers, were stopped by police under anti-terrorism powers while filming a stunt using hairdryers as pretend weapons.
"We were stopped, not arrested, but they had to say 'we are holding you under the Anti-Terrorism Act because you're running around in flak jackets and a utility belt', and I said 'and please put spangly blue hairdryer' and he was, like, 'all right'."

I feel much safer now.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well it's good to know the UK is safe from TV hosts and camera crews wielding deadly hairdryers.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet that if the film crew had alerted the local PD, as to what was going to happen, that would have solved much of the issue. The city that I work for, is home to a University. Many times, groups of students, who're working on film projects, call the PD, explaining what will be happening, what props will be used, the area that this will be taking place in, etc. While we do take some calls from passerbys, at least we have an idea as to the area. A car is usually sent thru the area anyways, in the event it isn't the film crew, but its a much more toned down response.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Children's presenters here should be thrown in prison and never let out.

Using hairdryers as pretend weapon would have been typical of this inane, dumbed down inarticulate pretence of a children's show. The presenters dress in 'wacky' clothes and bounce around like Tigger on speed pretending to get on the kids level and but are totally and utterly revolting! You should feel safe if these two are detained because their programme is utter drivel, it's one of those that parents who can't be bothered stick their kids in front of so they don't have to bother with them. It's mostly cartoons, those weird ones where the drawings are strange with the 'presenter's' being creative inbetween. Ugh.

Arrest them under anti terrorism laws? I say arrest them for crimes against humanity.

If the police turned up to stop them you can bet someone phoned in to complain, well done that person!

Latest Discussions