Cheif, Principal Defend Officers Actions

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.policeone.com/police-pro...pal-defend-NC-cop-who-fired-TASER-at-student/

KERNERSVILLE, N.C. — A school resource officer who used his Taser to break up a fight at East Forsyth High School acted appropriately, Kernersville Police Chief Ken Gamble said Thursday.
But Officer James Deeney's actions prompted criticism from others and differing opinions from students.
Deeney followed the police department's use-of-force policy when he used his Taser on Chris Bloom, a 17-year-old student who was fighting with his cousin at the school on Monday, Gamble said during a news conference at the Stockton Law Enforcement Center in Kernersville.
Bloom was hit in the chest and collapsed, but he was not injured, Gamble said. He said Bloom apologized to Deeney when he returned to school.
The incident started when Bloom and Ivan Smith, also 17, began arguing in class and then went into the school's courtyard to fight, a school official has said.
Deeney followed the students outside, yelled at them to stop fighting and drew his Taser stun gun, Gamble said. Deeney then yelled "Taser," and Smith backed off.

I'm glad to see the officer didn't go up the river for this. Usually any time an incident involves kids, especially seeing that a Taser was used, you'd figure everyone would be raising hell.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have police officers stationed in schools?

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You have police officers stationed in schools?

Sadly....yes. They're called SRO's or School Resource Officers. Yup, times have changed. When I was in HS, we never had a LEO, but today, unfortunately, things aren't what they used to be.

OKenpo942

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, you will even find them in rural schools. I know that in the town I live in in Oklahoma, they have one at the high school and one at the intermediate school.

Regarding the original post... It is good to see that at least in some places they are holding youth accountable for their actions instead of persecuting those who try. Even if it their job to do so.

James.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
IMO, I think the main issue that certain groups of people have, is the use of ANY weapon, other than doing the magical 1 touch move, that'll somehow, make the non compliant, compliant. LOL, yeah, and if that actually existed....LMFAO!

There was a Taser incident at one of the high schools here. Kid stole a food item while in the cafe, was confronted, turned into a major ******* started to fight and ultimately was tased. I dont think I have to say what followed...lol.

People ***** when a taser is used, but in reality, the danger factor isn't as high as some like to claim it is. So, were the LEO to go hand to hand, well, thats not going to look good either, plus not to mention if they get hurt, now they'll be on comp., med. bills, which will lead to OT to fill their position...so no doubt the taxpayers would cry again.

Nope, the cops just can't win sometimes.

Latest Discussions