Charges seek to shut down area karate schools

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Since this is state law, I presume that they have the right to do this?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yea but the article also says they took payment and did not provide service for summer camps as well.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yea but the article also says they took payment and did not provide service for summer camps as well.

Yes, the article says that, but that would be fraud, not operating without a license. Seems odd, like going after a burglar for not having a driver's license. If you have proof that they took money and did not provide services, arrest them for that.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, the article says that, but that would be fraud, not operating without a license. Seems odd, like going after a burglar for not having a driver's license. If you have proof that they took money and did not provide services, arrest them for that.

I agree also Bill, I am wondering how many school do not have this liscense and if it was complaints about not recieving services that really got them cought.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would have to ask what are the requirements for qualifyign for the license and can the studios qualify? Is there a reason they dont have the license, like they cant meet the requirements of a health club because they dont offer some part of the requirements?
If thats the case then I would say this is crap.
If they are just ignorant and dont know what requirements they have to have to remain on the right side of the law then they need to do better homework.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
after reading the article it seems to me they had a problem with scam artists charging people membership fees then not providing promised services.
It also looks like the law there requires the studio to post a bond if they do certain types of memberships... obviously that bond is to protect the customers, but I wonder how much that bond is.
It also seems this is only one persons studio for two locations.. so im sure there is more going on there then just this

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Probably.
They got to Al Capone for tax evasion, not for murder and organized crime.
If you are really after someone, you have to find something you can make stick.

Latest Discussions