CD to DVD

dart68

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have some pictures in CD format that I would like to burn as a DVD. I'm sure this must be possible, but how do I do it?

Karambit

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have some pictures in CD format that I would like to burn as a DVD. I'm sure this must be possible, but how do I do it?
Just curious as to why you want them on dvd? I assume you want to make a slideshow to watch on your standalone dvd player?
Most newer dvd players will support reading JPEG's from cd,vcd or svcd and Div x is good to have,as you can dl compressed movies from eg.Limewire then burn as a data disc.
Do you have the original pics or just a borrowed cd?
Whichever..first you have to extract the pic files from the cd.This is sometimes an auto option when the cd is inserted.If not use Nero to extract.Then simply use any burning software to burn to dvd..I use Nero.
I just made a slideshow with 1000+ pics.I used nero and imported them into Nero Vision express with some mp3 music in the background.You can add menus as well. you have the option of using dvd,svcd or vcd.

The only advantages that I'm aware of by using dvd is you can stop and go back to previous pics.I did my whole project using only 250Mb on 1 cd lol.After reading your post I transferred my project onto dvd and it used 2gb :xtrmshock

Transfer onto dvd only when necessary for pics,but for the future I recomend you buy a standalone that plays all formats including DivX. Wal-mart has the Phillips dvp 642 for $49 CAN
I hope this helps.Let me know if you need additional info..good luck