CBS Affiliates Pre-Empting 60 Minutes?

OP
R

rmcrobertson

I agree. I just think that it's going to be a lot easier for many Americans to attack Kerry rather than to examine their own ideas, and the reality in which they live.

I liked what I heard Bill Mahre say: "I don't care if Kerry's personable. I'm not looking for a friend or a father...I want the guy to be President."

Some forty years after JFK started this nonsense, I think too many Americans look for their buddy and their Dad, not their President...

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kerry isnt "selling" himself. Hes caught in the mudslinging trap. Known vs. unknown. Lack of "personality" (Al Gore "flat")
I think he's trying to take the higher ground, but with the smear campaigning, it's going to be extremely tough to hang on to that and convince voters, most of whom seem to spend about 5 minutes thinking about who they might vote for.

Tgace, what do you think he can do to turn that around? Do you think Edwards' personality will help the Kerry-Edwards campaign?

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Feisty Mouse said:
I think he's trying to take the higher ground, but with the smear campaigning, it's going to be extremely tough to hang on to that and convince voters, most of whom seem to spend about 5 minutes thinking about who they might vote for.

Tgace, what do you think he can do to turn that around? Do you think Edwards' personality will help the Kerry-Edwards campaign?
IMHO (Im far from a politics expert). Kerry isnt really laying out exactly what he plans to do. i.e. Iraq. He says some promising things about getting our allies on board, sharing the burden etc. He isnt saying "when I become president, I plan on getting our troops out of Iraq in X# years by...." or "My war on terrorism will be waged by...". I fully realize that few politicians ever do this, but I think Kerry needs to make some bold statements.

As to the "image" thing....complain all you want about it and how stupid it is, its a factor and it needs to be dealt with. Unless we should limit voting to people who are "smart enough" to see through it.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As to the "image" thing....complain all you want about it and how stupid it is, its a factor and it needs to be dealt with. Unless we should limit voting to people who are "smart enough" to see through it.
It is stupid, and it does need to be dealt with, since so many people seem to make up their minds on voting based on general image things. I don't mean to imply that people are not "smart enough" to see through the image campaigns necessarily, but that the image is what a number of voters seem to stop at, and seem to feel perfectly content to vote based on that, which I think is a pretty superficial thing.

Latest Discussions