Cane Form Video

kid

Black Belt
Reaction score
That form is sweet. I like how the hook on the cane is used to control your opponents movement and puts them in line for another strike. Also I seen a couple of joint locks in there that would shatter joints easily. Once again I have got to say, "SWEET!" I am going to watch it again.:ultracool

Mark

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
that form is almost identical to the cane forms used by canemasters and the goju-shorei system.

anybody have any knowledge of which system is borrowing from which?

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My teacher is a certified Canemasters instructor so he imported this form into our system from that source. I would be very interested in seeing the lineage on this form. I was under the impression that it was created by Mark Shuey...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Upnorth would you have that on paper all the movements you can send me, my oldest son fell in love with it and is trying to learn by the video. Any info. would be appreciated.
You know how is tech. is broken down and so forth.
Terry

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Upnorth would you have that on paper all the movements you can send me? My oldest son fell in love with it and is trying to learn by the video. Any info would be appreciated. You know, how tech. is broken down and so forth...

Terry

I don't have the form on paper, sorry. However, I would like to help out any way I could. The video is showing all of the moves. Perhaps if you saved the video to your hard drive and played it in short segments in would help. We could discuss applications on this thread and I would be willing to videotape some and post them. Let me know what would be useful...

John

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok here our the first question the first two move are to the stomach or the solarplex, then the next two are cross the side of the neck correct, then followed by double leg sweeps, are you hitting the side of the ankle for the takedown or the middle outside portion of the calf.

Let start with these breakdowns first and the we can move on Ok.
Terry

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Ok here our the first question the first two move are to the stomach or the solarplex...

The first move is a parry that blocks a strike and counters with a poke to the solar plexus. The next sequence does the same with the crook of the cane (and possibly hooks/pulls off balance) and strikes the solar plexus with the crook.

...then the next two are cross the side of the neck correct...

This is correct. These are diagonal strikes. The last strike with the crook could also hook the neck and jerk it downward.

then followed by double leg sweeps, are you hitting the side of the ankle for the takedown or the middle outside portion of the calf.

The canes that we use are heavy peices of oak. The application for these moves is showing that the tori is stepping out of the way of a low round kick and making the uke kick the cane with their shin. The tori can actually use the cane to strike the uke's kicking shin. This really hurts, believe me!

Let start with these breakdowns first and the we can move on Ok.
Terry

Thanks for asking these questions, Terry. It really forces me to rethink this form! This will be very productive in helping me prepare for my test!

Latest Discussions