Call me crazy

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But I had a thought...

If the "People" of Iraq would just stop shooting at our troops and blowing <poop> up, wouldnt we leave faster than if they keep it up?

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
technopunk you're crazy... :rolleyes:
rolleyes.gif

sorry couldn’t resist.

Ahem anyway you are right, but that’s assuming they want the fighting to stop, and they don’t. for whatever reason the insurgents feel, the fighting must continue. I have heard from a variety of sources that most of the fighting is being done by NON Iraqi citizens. They are outside extremists that are on a mission from God (Allah) and it has nothing to do with Saddam and his removal from power.

At least that is my understanding of the situation... what little understanding I have.

-Josh-

M

Melissa426

Crazy? No , cause I have thought the same thing and I think I am safe from the men in white coats for now. ( I found the solution... it's Prozac in my chocolate chip cookies! :ultracool )

No, I imagine we just don't understand all the facts and nuances of the region and the mentality of the Iraqis and Islamic extremists, which is a major criticism of the invasion in the first place.

Peace,
Melissa

G

ghostdog2

Your logic is undeniable. But, maybe, the idea is to keep the U.S. there and "embarrass" them. If it were otherwise, your "crazy" idea would make sense to everyone, Iraqi and otherwise, the shooting would stop, elections would take place and we could get the hell out. Good for us and good for them.
Since they are still shooting and blowing #### up, I've got to think some of them want it this way.
Call me crazy 2

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
But I had a thought...

If the "People" of Iraq would just stop shooting at our troops and blowing <poop> up, wouldnt we leave faster than if they keep it up?
Depends on if the war was started to a) find Weapons of Mass Destruction, b) free the world from the tyrant Saddam Hussein c) secure a client state in an oil rich part of the world.

It could be the "People" of Iraq are worried about (c).

Of course, it could also be that the Sunni's have learned how it turned out for the Palestinians, or the Native Americans, or the Baku. Seems history does do well for minority groups. Maybe, just maybe, they are worried about that.

m

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sometimes even the things that seem simple are just tooooo hard!!