CA Fires Called Arson

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOS ANGELES - Fire bosses declared progress early Friday in taming the 226-square-mile arson fire north of Los Angeles that has led to a homicide investigation into the deaths of two firefighters.
Flames had died down early Friday and the blaze, which was 42 percent surrounded, was "pretty quiet," fire spokesman John Huschke said.
Firefighters were using bulldozers to clear a containment line around the fire, which destroyed 64 homes.

Link

Its really sad, especially in todays economy, that people lose their lives and homes to fire, but I think its even worse, when a disaster like this, is caused by some nutjob, who has a fixation with fire. People being careless, well, sadly, theres no cure for stupidity, and I'm sure we've all been driving down the road and saw someone flick a butt out their window. Someone out camping...well, common sense should tell them, that when they leave, make sure the campfire they had burning is fully out.

So, its being investigated to see if in fact, it was the cause of a campfire or cig. butt, however, it seems like they've found clues to lead them to believe that it was intentionally set.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people who live there, ones who've lost their homes, the families of the fallen firefighters, and hope that they catch the person or people responsible for this latest fire.

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Agree wholeheartedly as someone that's gone through 2 wildfires in my immediate area that did massive damage, including burning many homes and taking peoples lives. There needs to be a special place in hell for people that would willingly cause such destruction.

Latest Discussions