Byron Crookston: Looking for Information

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My 10 year old son, Byron, is named after Byron Crookston. (My son is currently studying Kenpo).

Byron Crookston was well known among the deaf community in California and Utah for his work there. He also was a lawyer.

Byron Crookston was a 2nd degree black belt in Shotokan.

Byron died in an ultra light plane crash in 1985.

I am aware that he knew Bobby Lawrence, a black belt instructor in Orem, Utah (Bobby taught Kenpo, then Shotokan, and now teaches Kwon Shu).

What I would like to know more is about the martial artist side of Byron Crookston. Who knew him and are there any stories, memories, or interesting information about him that I could share with my son?

We would appreciate any information.

Thank you,

- Ceicei

OP
Ceicei

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Originally posted by old_sempai
a Google Search? If not give it a try and good luck with it!!!!!!!!

:asian: :asian:

Thank you. I will try that internet search again.

Actually, I was hoping for something a little bit more personal--his martial arts stories to share with my son. I do have other stories that aren't martial arts related. Byron Crookston is a terrific, great man with an attitude and personality worth emulating.

I guess I will have to track down people who knew Byron Crookston and ask if they know of other martial artists who worked with him. Perhaps his wife may still be around in the state and may be willing to share more about her late husband.

- Ceicei

Latest Discussions