butterfly knives

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know of anywhere that makes decent quality butterfly knives? I have some cheapish ones but i want a nice pair, any ideas.

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Benchmade makes some nice ones. Cold Steel's Archangel may or may not be to your liking; it's certainly expensive. There's also the Spyderco Spyderfly, which is quite nice, but the handles are wider than on most butterfly knives (which you may or may not prefer).

S

Spook

I believe that he is talking about Bat Jom Dao a.k.a. Wing Chun Butterfly Knives.

www.chanskungfu.com go to products, then to weapons, scroll down to Bat Jom Dao
I use these and they are very nice. It is a brass handle and quality steel(no edge) blade. All of my students use them as well. I think that they are you best bang for your buck. wckfc.com also sells the same knives but they are a bit more expensive than Chan's.
I've also wondered about the Hanwei Forge Premium Butteryfly knives. They look nice and solid but i have never used them.

Hope that helps!

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My mistake; I didn't notice this post was in the Wing Chun forum when I brought up the list of "new posts since your last visit."

I'll second the Hanweis.

OP
ed-swckf

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Spook said:
I believe that he is talking about Bat Jom Dao a.k.a. Wing Chun Butterfly Knives.

www.chanskungfu.com go to products, then to weapons, scroll down to Bat Jom Dao
I use these and they are very nice. It is a brass handle and quality steel(no edge) blade. All of my students use them as well. I think that they are you best bang for your buck. wckfc.com also sells the same knives but they are a bit more expensive than Chan's.
I've also wondered about the Hanwei Forge Premium Butteryfly knives. They look nice and solid but i have never used them.

Hope that helps!
Yeah, thats the type of knives i've seen around. Mine are cheaper so i'll probably get a set like those but on occasion i have seen some similar but with a distinctly higher quality. They had silver handles but i haven't been able to track them down anywhere. I'm not sure about the Hanwei Forge ones, i think they are a bit over the top for me, i'd leave them on the wall if i had them.

OP
ed-swckf

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sharp Phil said:
My mistake; I didn't notice this post was in the Wing Chun forum when I brought up the list of "new posts since your last visit."

I'll second the Hanweis.
I'd get them if they didn't look so flash.

Latest Discussions