Bush Derangement Syndrome

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok,
1) I dont care what Elder says, he is on Ignore for a reason.

Because I'm a BuSh-hating poopie doodie head? :lol:

2)no, it is NOT

the "idea behind the seperation of church and state" was to prevent the second Church of England, where the state founded a religion, and persecuted other beliefs. it had NOTHING to do with keeping religion out of government, but rather keep government out of religion.

See Jefferson:
"We have solved, by fair experiment, the great and interesting question whether freedom of religion is compatible with order in government and obedience to the laws. And we have experienced the quiet as well as the comfort which results from leaving every one to profess freely and openly those principles of religion which are the inductions of his own reason and the serious convictions of his own inquiries."

Actually, I gotta agree with Mr. Fist here....:rolleyes:

We were founded as a "secular nation," not a "Judeo-Christian" one as some would argue. This does not mean that the President cannot make decisions to pass or veto legislation based upon conscience and faith, nor does it mean that members of Congress cannot pass or vote down legislation based on conscience and faith. It ostensibly means that Congress will pass no laws in regards to making an official religion, or banning a religion, and that Congress will make no laws regarding the practice of religion-though laws of this sort can be made at the state and local level, and regulations have been made at the federal level in regards to the practice of certain religions (this is a pet-peeve of mine that really isn't part of this discussion, but it's true: the federal government regulates the practice of my religion).

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
me, i would much rather a leader seeks guidance from god and his own morality than from opinion polls and lobbyists.

at least this way, you know he is doing what he feels is RIGHT, and I can respect that.

Do you think Bush is more God-motivated than adviser/special interest-motivated?

I don't. I'm pretty sure God doesn't have tea and crumpets with GW every day to tell him that he should attack other countries/advocate more disparity between the rich and poor/alienate non-Christians. I do believe that Bush's cabinet has tons of power, and not only his ear, but his testicles as well.

If God really spoke to Bush, George would have better speaking abilities.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
"Do you think Bush is more God-motivated than adviser/special interest-motivated?"

absolutely. Presidential Advisors are there to make "The Boss" more popular, Bush sticks to his guns with not ONE moments thought to popularity or opinion polls. He is clearly doing what he thinks is RIGHT. You may disagree with the conclusions he comes to, but I cant see how anyone can honestly question his character.

think about it for a second.

Bush followed the most flip floppy, no spine having , lead by opinion polls president EVER. Yet he (Clinton)was pretty popular, and history has been, so far, pretty kind to him. (though I think in the long term Clinton will be seen in a more fair, and harsh light, he really was a crap sandwich as a LEADER and a MAN)

No political operators missed that. Karen Hughes and Karl Rove are nothing if not sharp operators.

But no, he doesnt give in and do the easy thing, he sticks to his guns.He stands for something.

That USED to be something we respected in this culture. And it still should be.

think on THAT for a second.

As for the rest, I could counter that Bush didnt attack, he fought BACK, in a war that has been going on since at least 84, and more likely 72.

i could say that the tax cuts didnt create "more disparity between the rich and poor" they stimulated the economy. Think back to 2000. The effects of the false dot com boom were comming, and economists were talking about serious recession. The tax cuts put that off. Tax cuts work. They worked when Reagan did it, and they worked when Bush did it.

And if his open-ness about his religious feelings "alienated non-christians" maybe thats their problem. I dont need a LEADER to feel the same way i do. I dont care if the president is christian, jewish, LDS or Buddist, But i would preferre he believed in SOMETHING.

speaking abilities? maybe that is something you look for in a LEADER. i dont. now as a martial artist, I know that to be a good teacher one has to not only KNOW the material, but be able to communicate the ideas and theories behind it to the student, so it IS important. But I dont see a lack of public speaking skills as a sign of intelligence or a lack of character. After all, Einstien muttered and stuttered when speaking in public. That didnt mean he was dumb or a bad person did it?

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Do you think Bush is more God-motivated than adviser/special interest-motivated?.

No. Nope. No way,

In order to prevent further thread drift, see here.

More on topic, one could call Clinton Derangement Syndrome an unaccountable paranoia about the former first couple, in which one blames them for land deals, communist infiltration, and multiple murders, and unaccountably believes them to be evil masterminds of such a high order that the only crime either of them has ever been prosecuted for is lying about extra-marital ********! :lol:

5-0 Kenpo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Additionally, it is the clergy's role to guide according to religion; the President should be making decisions based on what's best for the country.

I will agree, with one caveat: that the what is best for the country decision is legal.

Of course, that concept is entirely subjective now as well.......

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
i could say that the tax cuts didnt create "more disparity between the rich and poor" they stimulated the economy. Think back to 2000. The effects of the false dot com boom were comming, and economists were talking about serious recession. The tax cuts put that off. Tax cuts work. They worked when Reagan did it, and they worked when Bush did it.
Even JFK believed in tax CUTS.

brianhunter

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam [Hussein], which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them." - GW Bush. (sorry, makes me paranoid about the state of things)

Mind showing a credible source for that quote? Other then a blog or BDS website? I would love to see that quote from a credible news source.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Mind showing a credible source for that quote? Other then a blog or BDS website? I would love to see that quote from a credible news source.

The Israeli paper Ha'aretz reported in 2003 that the President said to then-Palestinian Prime Minister Mahmoud Abbas, "God told me to strike Al Qaeda and I struck, and then he instructed me to strike Saddam, which I did."
No link-unless maybe you read Hebrew...:lol