Bukti Negara

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Paul de Thours spent some time with Dolf de Vries in Holland in his later years and ended up "updating" his Bukti Negara system. That the BN that the large European organization is doing is now different from what PDT was teaching in the US in the 90's. That the European BN organization doesn't go on to teach Serak after the BN curriculum but does BN entirely as a stand-alone art. Can anyone confirm the truth of all this? Can anyone outline the differences between the "updated" BN of the European group and what PDT taught in the US in the 90's?

I realize that here is a lot of politics and past bad blood around. Not trying to inflame things or open any old wounds. Just truly curious about any differences.

Thanks!

D

Dylan9d

I believe this is correct, only my experience with BN is very limited to one lesson.

The politics is exactly why i stayed away from it

Reactions: KPM

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love the movement of Serak from Paul De Thouars and those that were taught by him. Particularly Stevan Plinck. I have had the opportunity to train with a few people that are friends and enjoyed it immensely. I cannot help you though with the differences between Americans and the European BN because I haven't worked out with any of the Europeans.

OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
You thinking of taking up some Silat?

Yes. I have been "dabbling" for a little awhile now. But I have a training trip planned this weekend to work directly with Guru Tim Anderson, who was a student of Pendakar de Thours. He is an 8 hour drive away from me, so I will be a "distant learning student" and try to make it up to his place several times a year.

OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
D

Dylan9d

Yes. I have been "dabbling" for a little awhile now. But I have a training trip planned this weekend to work directly with Guru Tim Anderson, who was a student of Pendakar de Thours. He is an 8 hour drive away from me, so I will be a "distant learning student" and try to make it up to his place several times a year.

Just checked some video's on Tim Anderson and looks good.

Below a video from Walter van de Broeke made by Ottavio, one of his students in Italy.

OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
I recently made the trip to Ohio for some private training with Guru Tim Andersen. Great instructor, great guy, and excellent skills! Well worth the trip and I will be back! I'm really enjoying this great martial art! And Guru Tim is no nonsense, no BS, and no politics.

Latest Discussions