Bujinkan in southern NH?

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I may have found an instructor very reasonably close to me in southern NH.
His name is Dennis Mahoney, does anyone have any experience with him? Know him by reputation?

This is the Dennis I seen this last week-end during the seminar. I have NEVER, let me say that again NEVER, Seen such great movement from anybody. I haven't trained with him at all during a regular class setting, but if the short blip he did during the seminar was any indication at all, I wouldn't miss anything that man had to teach. Honestly, one minute you knuckle onto him, and the next thing you know, you are laying on the floor looking up at the ceiling tiles wondering how in the heck you got there, because he didn't even touch you that you could feel.

OP
LuzRD

LuzRD

Black Belt
Reaction score
Honestly, one minute you knuckle onto him, and the next thing you know, you are laying on the floor looking up at the ceiling tiles wondering how in the heck you got there

this sounds awfully familiar after last nights class!!

if its the same thing we were taught last night, i guess i managed to do it correctly (or as correct as i have the ability to do it i should say). i was called on to demonstrate it in front of the class, i imagine it was because i was the new guy (confidence boost and all that).
Scott did you notice the point where JUST before you hit the ground he was there, and then he seemed to vanish out from under you? he got a kick out of our reactions to that! lol

i just wish i had a camcorder and permission to tape classes, so far i must be forgetting half of what im learning in each class (by that i mean, after going through a small handfull of "moves"* per class i find myself focusing on just a couple of them. i still remember my weakpoints of certain "moves"* from class 3 weeks ago, but i dont remember every "move"* we were taught).

GAH!!!!!!!! i love this stuff, i wanna know it all!!!!!!!!

im gonna go look for a "recomended reading" thread to try and get an idea on what books i may find helpful.

thanks all

*by "move" im refering to a series of actions based on an attack that yield the desired results. im not sure of the appropriate term

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't worry so much about specific techniques. Try to focus on the feeling. Glad to hear you're enjoying your training.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds great! Like Jeff said, focus on the feeling rather than the techniques. Don't worry too much about consciously remembering everything you do, it's all there. It will come back later.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't worry so much about specific techniques. Try to focus on the feeling. Glad to hear you're enjoying your training.

Sounds great! Like Jeff said, focus on the feeling rather than the techniques. Don't worry too much about consciously remembering everything you do, it's all there. It will come back later.

Cannot add anything more to what these guys have said, except, I am also glad you are having a great time. To expand what Bigshadow said; he is 100% right that it will come back to you. I don't know how many times we have started something in class and it pops back into memory that it is something we covered 3, 4, even 10 years ago.

if its the same thing we were taught last night, i guess i managed to do it correctly (or as correct as i have the ability to do it i should say). i was called on to demonstrate it in front of the class, i imagine it was because i was the new guy (confidence boost and all that).
Scott did you notice the point where JUST before you hit the ground he was there, and then he seemed to vanish out from under you? he got a kick out of our reactions to that! lol

Sounds exactly like what he did at the seminar. One minute he's there and the next second he's gone and you have zero balance and going down. Try to roll, or recover and it is even more painful before you hit the ground. :) Yeah I think he was getting a kick out of the looks on our faces as well. Our entire bunch that went to the seminar was dumped at least 2 or 3 times each by him, to just get the feel of it (some (Jeff you know who you are) were totally trashed several times.)

Latest Discussions