Bruising

L

lowkickr

Since I began Kyokushin Karate training, I have discovered that I tend to bruise rather easily. Not so much that I am medically concerned but slightly more than my classmates, or so it appears. I was curious as to whether there are any methods to reduce the recovery time of bruises? Normally I think I would heal ok, but due to the full contact nature of my training, I dont get a lot of down time to heal. Will my body condition itself to this? Are there methods to treat these things between classes? Any advice will be helpful.
Thanks.

OP
M

MikeMartial

Check to make sure your diet is nutritionally complete; usually, dietary dificiencies are the cause of easy bruising.

There are various medical problems that will also cause a person to bruise easily. These can include Marfan's Syndrome, hemophilia and other blood disorders, etc, etc.

Vitamin C supplementation can help substantially. It strengthens collegan, conective tissue, and capillaries. There's limited studies, though, but Lost of anecdotal evidence. Dr Linus Pauling has published a few books on it.

I've seen it help firsthand - with my Mother. She told me about her bruising, and knowing her diet was fairly brutal, I told her to take a mutli-vitamin and vitamin C. Lo and behold, she doesn't bruise easy anymore.

It might just work...or, you just might be getting hit a lot in class :)

wynnema

Orange Belt
Reaction score
mikemartial - are you the same guy who posts on fightingarts.com??

OP
M

MikeMartial

wynnema said:
mikemartial - are you the same guy who posts on fightingarts.com??
Yup, same guy. I'm guessing my signature gave me away :)

wynnema

Orange Belt
Reaction score
indeedy. I read your posts on dynamic stretching with interest. Have a few questions if you dont mind

OP
M

MikeMartial

Sure thing.....either shoot me an email, or you can hijack my thread on fightingarts.com :)

Latest Discussions