Bruce Lee Quotes of the Day

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Im not sure buddy knows the difference. Seems like he saw a few movies and got some tightness in the pants, and here he is.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
“The early worm gets eaten” - Bruce Lee when explaining his tardiness on set.

OP
DavyKOTWF

DavyKOTWF

Orange Belt
Reaction score
An American young man, traveled to a tall mountain in Tibet seeking enlightenment. He was hiking up the mountain when he came upon a Zen master, carrying a heavy bag. The seeker asked the master, "I'd give anything to know how to become enlightened!" Upon hearing that, the Zen master put his bag on the ground from his shoulder, and just stared at the man. After a few minutes, the seeker said, "Oh yeah. I think I see. But what comes after enlightenment?"
The master picked up the bag, threw it over his shoulder and walked on.

LastGasp

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I think it's easy to get hung up on philosophical quotes. Lee studied philosophy widely, both eastern and western, and what I think he was doing was trying to take those tenets that he thought he could practically apply in his own life, to make himself a more rounded person. He had far from finished in this process, in my view. And process is what it is, and it continues throughout one's life until death.

Much of what he wrote down or said has been collected together in various volumes, problem with that being, it is all very unconnected, largely musing on smaller points - I don't think the compilation stands the test as a fully fledged, complete philosophy, which is why it only provides true insight in a handful of instances.

Philosophy is a very personal thing, and I think it would be unwise to try to grab that of any one person and try to implement it in one's own life. Lee's philosophy would most likely have been very different by now, had he lived until today. Time and life experience have a habit of doing that to you. Like JKD itself, it is not a static thing.

Of course, I could be talking complete...well, you know :)