The True Wing Chun Spirit

DavyKOTWF

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Have ya'll seen this? Fighter in white shorts just pounding his opponent for 2 mins and 45 seconds, (they don't show much of it) then does this. . .

Reactions: KPM

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ya this one is downright heartwarming. Not sure if it has much to do with wc though. The 'spirit' of WC is to finish an opponent as quickly as possible.

OP
DavyKOTWF

DavyKOTWF

Orange Belt
Reaction score
True enough. But also to be compassionate with your fellow man, especially when he is in need of that. WC is to build ones character in addition to fighting and self defense. I think Ip Man would agree. Building character - that's what's been lost in many modern MAs.

DaveB

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
True enough. But also to be compassionate with your fellow man, especially when he is in need of that. WC is to build ones character in addition to fighting and self defense. I think Ip Man would agree. Building character - that's what's been lost in many modern MAs.
I don't think it's been lost, I just think many people think that you need lectures or meditation or chi gung or some other non martial process, whereas it is the hard work, self control, sportsmanship and dedication of everyday training that helps us build character.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah wow.. that was fascinating hey :).

I do wonder how his opponent (the winner) felt about it though.. but a very warm gesture nonetheless

Latest Discussions