Britain to Reform Health Care System

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can I ask the obvious question?

Just what the **** does the discussion of the reformation of Britain's Health Care System have to do with Iraq, Afghanistan or your moms Sunday roast?

****, since staying on topic means nothing, lets tell some dick jokes. I'll go first.
Cheney.

No? Ok, lets swap some recipes. After all, why stay on topic when we can get into the usual piss up. right? This is why I rarely pop into the study.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, you just want the troops pulled out. Okay. But, then what. If someone isn't there, what do you do when the terrorists begin their training camps, with no interference? No hostility in this, just looking for your views.

I agree with CanuckMA pull the troops out. This was our war we cant expect our allies to keep fighting forever with us.

Then just keep a close watch and everytime a small camp pops up blow it into the next century. I dont care if people like us or not we have to protect ourselves and these people are beyond nuts and will never stop until they kill us all so we need to be the same way. Each time we blow up a camp the bombs get bigger and bigger until the afghans finally say enough and throw the terrorists out or they have no country left.

Have you guys listened to the little story about that young man they put that light blue ribbon around the neck last November? You know, The Congretional Medal of Honor....

Afghanistan is not the type of terraine this works (why do you think they went to Iraq instead...)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks,

Please return to the original topic, which is on the health care system. Iraq and other related things have nothing to do with this topic. If you wish to talk about that, please start another thread.

MJS
MT Asst. Admin

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Billcihak, as well as being careful about taking things well off topic you should be careful about reading things into posts, I carefully didn't put a personal view into my posts about how much the Afghan war is costing the NHS, the views for or against the war doesn't change how much it is costing.

Ballen, it's been this way since the second Gulf war. The military has two wards in civilian hospitals, one in Birmingham and one down the road from me at Northallerton but two wards are nothing compared to the amount of wounded that are coming in.Putting all argumetns about the war aside it's taking up a lot of bed spaces, operating theatres and resources.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ballen, it's been this way since the second Gulf war. The military has two wards in civilian hospitals, one in Birmingham and one down the road from me at Northallerton but two wards are nothing compared to the amount of wounded that are coming in.Putting all argumetns about the war aside it's taking up a lot of bed spaces, operating theatres and resources.

I think that would be the biggest downside since the level of patients stays about the same in the civilian population yet can have huge swings with the military population. I would think having 2 different systems is more effective during times of heavy use like times of war but also I would assume more costly esp. during times of peace when they were not used as much.
It interesting how things work in other places I never really put much thought into before I came here. I honestly have never really even communicated with people from other places before its pretty cool. Thanks for the info.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whether you are happy with the NHS seems to depend on whre you live, I was listening to a phone in programme on the BBC, it seems people around my area, North Yorkshire, are on the whole happy with the service they get, however thy cite friends and relatives who live in the inner cities who aren't as happy. I think that follows, the cities are vastly more populated than we are here so whatever system you get there are going to be greater waiting times due to the volume of patients.
What is certain is that no one wants to go back to the bad old days before the NHS. there are reforms needed but what remains to be seen.

Latest Discussions