Breaking Structure

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok, so we are not to far off in our opinions of what WC or reality is. Great!

Just don't confuse the control with the goal (hitting the opponent) would be all I would say.

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
Options, as in how a particular situation may need to be handled? Like a drunk friend who you may need to restrain? I'd feel bad if I punched him out and broke his nose because my art didn't leave me options?

Next day BFF says, " why'd you have to hit me? I say, "Sorry BFF but I only know how to punch punch punch. If only my art taught me how to restrain".

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Options, as in how a particular situation may need to be handled? Like a drunk friend who you may need to restrain? I'd feel bad if I punched him out and broke his nose because my art didn't leave options?

Next day BFF says, " why'd you have to hit me? I say, "Sorry BFF but I only know how to punch punch punch, if only my art taught me how to restrain".

I think you just need to restrain your drunk friend like everyone else in the world does it. Wrap your arms round them. Wrestle lightly with them. Point them in the right direction crossing roads. Keep them out of trouble. Dodge their weak and slow punches. You don't need wing chun or any martial arts for this.

Wing chun does not teach you to restrain. I recommend something like judo or bjj if you would like to toy with your drunk and harmless friends without hurting them. It will be about 500 x more effective than anything in wing chun for that particular purpose, or if you somehow end up in a grappling competition.

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think you just need to restrain your drunk friend like everyone else in the world does it. You don't need wing chun or any martial arts for this.

Wing chun does not teach you to restrain. I recommend something like judo or bjj if you would like to toy with your drunk and harmless friends without hurting them. It will be about 500 x more effective than anything in wing chun for that particular purpose, or if you somehow end up in a grappling competition.
My friends are mean when they drink.

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
They know BJJ too. So drunk grapplers are pretty much what I have as friends. So what should I do?

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kids: your daddy/mummy got what he/she deserved. Don't let it happen to you

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'd rather choke daddy out. Then they think I just put daddy to sleep. Kids grow up non-felons. I can sleep well knowing I helped society.

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'd rather choke daddy out. Then they think I just put daddy to sleep. Kids grow up non-felons. I can sleep well knowing I helped society.

Surely you aren't choking Daddy out with your wing chun? Looking in wing chun for these things is very far from simple direct and efficient

Latest Discussions