Boy sent home because of hat.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This thread is next to get locked down isn't it?

That would be my guess, yes.

I gotta' get me a hat. For no other reason than to tick folks off.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
People have gotten jumped for wearing Trump hats or for otherwise openly being Trump fans.
You say that like it's a bad thing........................

This thread is next to get locked down isn't it?
whoa. If you continue saying things like this, then yeah! People getting jumped for wearing a hat is a bad thing. Yes!

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be careful wearing a Trump hat in public. Being banned from school could be the least of your problems. People have gotten jumped for wearing Trump hats or for otherwise openly being Trump fans.
I'd be careful wearing a Yankees jersey in public, or a Manchester United jersey in public, or a Boston Celtics hat in public, or a Dalai Lama T-shirt..........

People have been jumped for wearing all of those things as well....first order of self defense: situational awareness.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Two things come to mind.

1) Unlike most nations of the world, the U.S. is a nation that in the fairly recent past was *founded* on the blood of its militia, created, tamed and conquered by the gun. To say that feeling for the soldier in the U.S. is separate from Patriotism is a concept that I think is Foreign to the US, (at least until recently) and difficult to understand by outsiders who don't share that background.

2) A policy of "No Guns" to me would mean I couldnt send my kid to school with this:

gun.jpg

I wouldn't think of it to include this:

3744145443_5ed008a41d.jpg

THAT to me is common sense. One is a gun, the other is an action figure. If our educators cannot understand the definition of the terms, perhaps they need to find a new line of work.

I owned that Gi joe. He was awesome.

Latest Discussions