Boxing, taekwondo & jujitsu?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, good. So how can the computer/Windows technically non-savy like @Buka (and me) make it happen with a Windows computer being used here on MT?

Two choices. If you have a full keyboard, you can use the ALT+251, using the numbers on the number pad. (It might require 0251 - I don't remember, and don't have a full-size keyboard.) If not, you can open Character Map (a standard Windows utility) and get it there.

D

Deleted member 39746

If you knock off TKD with savate it might overlap better. I think they partially based the boxing off English boxing. That is if you can find one. Just my partial ramblings it might fit better than TKD. Or look at the other kind of kickboxing styles out there.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just hold down alt and type in 251, and it will show a √ just like the old days.

√ Yep (from the keypad, not the top of the keyboard)

Two choices. If you have a full keyboard, you can use the ALT+251, using the numbers on the number pad. (It might require 0251 - I don't remember, and don't have a full-size keyboard.) If not, you can open Character Map (a standard Windows utility) and get it there.

Alt+251 √ (from number pad)
Alt+0251 Γ» Guess not. :)

Hold down the Alt key and enter the desired ASCII value. You can find lookup table with a quick search.

From the number keys at the top of the keyboard -
From the number keys on the number keypad - √

Thanks guys. √

@Buka You have brought up some good answers for a solution to yours and no doubt other members question on this important subject. However, since you have not come back in and acknowledged your understanding of these important insights, you are hereby sentenced to write √ 100 times on your next entry in MT. :p

As for myself, for being partly wrong and partly correct in my answer, they cancel out and I don't have to write √ on my next entry. :D

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Buka, I might have this code wrong, but I think you can get a heavy check mark on Linux (if it's using something called Gnome, and I have no idea why the hell you'd have a gnome in your Linux box) by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+U then 2714. If that produces something else, then I got everything right except the number, making my post somewhat informative and absolutely useless. :p

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
As for myself, for being partly wrong and partly correct in my answer, they cancel out and I don't have to write √ on my next entry.

Yeah, except what you've got there is a square root symbol, not a tick (check mark)...

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
OK, you got me. I should have cleaned my glasses better.

√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√

Good enough? :D

Because I cannot get the check mark with Alt+0252. It produces ΓΌ instead.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I wish I was on my laptop instead of my phone. If I was I’d check mark my brains out.

Which would only take a couple checks.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, you got me. I should have cleaned my glasses better.

√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√

Good enough? :D

Because I cannot get the check mark with Alt+0252. It produces ΓΌ instead.
Did you try without the 0? Windows Character Map used to show the "ALT+" number codes, but no longer does.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Did you try without the 0? Windows Character Map used to show the "ALT+" number codes, but no longer does.

Yes, I did.

In Martial Talk, Alt+250 = ⁿ

and Alt+-0252 = ΓΌ

The same in LibreOffice.

I don't have the Windows Suite on my computers at home.