boxer : MARQUEZ finished that off in a vicious way

Mz1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
sure he will come back. Marquez, all bloody and lit up, just got him with a hail mary, overhead right. anyone can get lucky and the other, unlucky.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, Pacman can come back from that fight. I wonder if he should though. There is a point in every champion boxer's career where he loses the edge that made hom the champion he is. Has he reached that point? I would hate to see him keep fighting when he should retire. It isn't like he doesn't have career choices outside boxing now. I'd just hate to see him keep fighting and mar his spectacular career.

OP
Y

YOGAMAN

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
lucky punch ? i dont think so , yeah they were on him in those last seconds of that round but marquez aint no joke with his calculations.

Mz1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
lucky punch ? i dont think so , yeah they were on him in those last seconds of that round but marquez aint no joke with his calculations.

Yea, you're just repeating what the announcers speculated about how he was calculating, drawing Pac in, etc. But he was being ripped apart by Pac. And I didn't even say LUCKY PUNCH....I said a "hail mary" punch, which is more of a desperation punch that you throw near the bell...should you fail, the bell would ring soon and you don't get returned with something that would rock you. Marquez threw a looping overhead right. This is considered kinda trashy in Boxing, and mostly left to MMA. Was a great fight.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I would rather see the title belt around Marquez's waist then Bradley's. All of the judges had the fight scored in favor of Pac before the KO, so it was not as if Marquez was dominating Pac through the whole fight before that happened.

Every boxing match has the chance for one of the fighters to get caught. It happens. But, with all of the controversy surrounding the other fights, the only way Marquez thought he would win was by KOing Pac.

OP
Y

YOGAMAN

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
if watch hbo 24/7 you see marquez practicing that same punch

Uncle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I think it's time for Manny to retire. I think he's started the beginning of the decline and I too would hate to see the inevitable string of embarassing losses from a once proud and skilled fighter.

Latest Discussions