Born Warriors Redux

blackdiamondcobra

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Its been a long while since i have been on here. I have been working on several projects and completing the Born Warriors project on Burmese Lethwei which will finally be released soon. I find the outtakes series are ways of using some of the footage i have in a new way to present the projects.

I just uploaded the first outtakes series from Born Warriors Redux. It features some of the newer camps.

Previously, I uploaded the camps outtakes from the original Born Warriors Documentary, that featured camps before the opening of the country:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Blackdiamondcobr, that was terrific. Great job shooting that, great editing, framing, a really nice job. Terrific music, too.

It also reminds me how lucky I've been, even in the poorest gyms I ever trained. Nice job, man. Good luck with the project.

OP
blackdiamondcobra

blackdiamondcobra

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the comments.

I will keep our martial talk members updated on the project and release date.

The Facebook page is updated with all the latest news and the final website should be completed shortly:

Born warriors Facebook

The full range of outtakes are available if you want to see them all including trailers:

Born Warriors - YouTube

OP
blackdiamondcobra

blackdiamondcobra

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Our new outtakes on Child Fighters illustrates some of the ideas in the tradition of child fighters article:

OP
blackdiamondcobra

blackdiamondcobra

Purple Belt
Reaction score
New outtakes piece on Saya Maung Maung Lay. We returned to visit me to see how his new camp was doing.

OP
blackdiamondcobra

blackdiamondcobra

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Sorry. Tried to edit out mistake in the text body. I can't find the edit post button for the previous post.
"We returned to visit him to see how his new camp was doing."

OP
blackdiamondcobra

blackdiamondcobra

Purple Belt
Reaction score
My newest article on Lethwei appears in the Oct/Nov Black Belt issue coming out shortly.

This is the newest outtakes part three: Referees

New Bound Fists Trailer:

Any martial talk forum members can email in for pre-order discounts on the forthcoming release. Just mention: martialtalk member.

Thanks!

destructautomaton

Green Belt
Reaction score
Read the article in the last issue of Black Belt. Glad to see this finally realized. I ordered off the website. Look forward to seeing this!

destructautomaton

Green Belt
Reaction score
I received my dvds from Amazon! Watched them all day yesterday. Remarkable work. I would recommend them to anyone who really wants to take a deep inside look at Lethwei as trained and taught throughout Myanmar(burma). The documentaries won many awards and you can see why--but its way beyond documentary --the bonus material is extensive and deep and shows how for example different people train the art from their backyards to large modern training facilities and the roots of the traditions and celebrations of the art itself. A very important work that should be supported.