Booking Incidents Caught On Tape Help Officers

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a classic example of video and audio working in favor of officers. This is a recent case of a town councilwoman, who was arrested for DUI. The tape will show her actions, as well as threats made, with her stating that she approves the officers salary. Not long ago, a Superior Court Judge was arrested and acted in similar fashion.

GLASTONBURY — - A town councilwoman arrested earlier this month on a DUI charge warned police as they were booking her that she was a member of the town council and that she "approves their salaries."

Surveillance video obtained from the police department shows Barbara C. Wagner, 59, of 11 Lake Shore Trail, visibly upset and frustrated as she is being interviewed in the police station after her arrest on June 2.

Cases like this, show the importance of taping and recording interviews, and booking of suspects. Don't know if every PD has audio in their booking areas, but I'm sure many if not all of them have video. I'm sure, had this incident not been taped, the councilwoman would not have made such a quick apology for her 'actions.'

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
NO ONE, absolutely no one is above the laws... even if they write them.
If anything tapes do help reveal the truth... NOT always because they can be doctored but in most situations they do show what really happened and what was really said.

I approve your salaries... that is a veiled threat isn't it? The lady is lucky the police didn't tack on additional charges on that but it will make it worse.
I've a feeling she'll lose her seat next election if not sooner.

Latest Discussions