Book question - Hidden in Plain Sight

P A Goldsbury

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

I do not come on here very often and I have just seen your post.

You can find much discussion of Ellis Amdur's book over at Aikiweb.com, including a long review, written by myself.

Best wishes,

PAG

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not ask the question, but I did check out the site. Great site, thanks for the responce.

Jphaas

White Belt
Reaction score
Just came back to the forum after a really long absence and saw this post.

Hidden in Plain Sight is a fascinating read tracing the origins of Aiki in Japanese budo. If you are at all curious as to how Ueshiba, and many other Japanese martial artists, got to be so powerful, read this book. It also provides a history of Takeda Sokaku of Daito Ryu, Ueshiba's main teacher and the source of his (Ueshiba's) Aiki.

Hope that helps.

delaford321

White Belt
Reaction score
This book sounds interesting, I'm definitely going to have to check it out. I find Akido fascinating.

Jphaas

White Belt
Reaction score
So did anyone else read the book? What did you think?

Dean Whittle

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Even as a non-Aikido practitioner I found the book fascinating, to read about the little spoken about internal training of Japanese MA was great. Unfortunately many of his references for furthering that aspect where mostly Japanese or American (cited on the Aiki web board as well), which makes things a little difficult given my location.

Plus I enjoy Amdur's writing style so it was good to have another book of his to read.

With respect

Latest Discussions