Bleep test information needed! Help

BJJCop

White Belt
Reaction score
Police Officer Selection Process - Police Scotland Gotten really frustrated trying to understand this seemingly top secret bleep test scoring system for the police force (UK if anyone asks) it seems to state that persons under 29 years of age are down on Nation Fitness Standard, for meeting MSFT (multi-stage fitness test) level 9.2? 9.2 what?? 9.2 total time? 9.2 number of shuttles you do? How long have I meant to run for on the bleep test?? Would be amazing if anyone could tell me

I'll provide the link, the table I'm talking about is half-way down the page, thanks

Last edited:

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've had to run a bleep test, so this information may not be accurate. However, from what I recall you start at 3.0 or 4.0, then each time you go through the a run, the bleep goes up by .1 or .2 (I believe this depends on the level that you are at) so it would go 3.0, 3.2, 3.4, etc. and you would have to make it past the bleep for 9.2.
Like I said, it's been a while since I had to do it, so my numbers regarding the interval or where you start may not be correct, but that's the general scoring for it.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this as well, Multi stage fitness test practice for recruits | College of Policing

"You need to find a 15 metre track - this could be at a local sports hall or running track.

While listening to the Multi Stage Fitness Test recording you should run to and fro along the 15 metre track in time with the bleeps. If you arrive at the end line before the bleep sounds you need to wait for the bleep before resuming running and you should adjust your speed accordingly. The timing between bleeps is slow at first (the bleeps are about seven seconds apart) but they become faster as the test progresses and it will become more difficult to keep up with the required speed.

You should run to your optimum level without reaching exhaustion. You will need to reach a minimum of four shuttles at level 5 to pass the recruitment test.

You should not use the Multi Stage Fitness Test to train - it should only be used periodically to assess progress."

OP
BJJCop

BJJCop

White Belt
Reaction score
Great bits and pieces so far guys, much appreciated! Kempodi, I understand, it's given me that bit more understanding for sure thanks mate

Latest Discussions