Black sash test done

lulflo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well,

I have taken my black sash test and passed. I am thankful to have taken it with two of the most worthy martial artist students I know and I will never forget the experience.

It was easily ten times harder than I ever imagined it would be and if I could go back and do it again, I would still be ill prepared for the intensity I experienced on Saturday. I am glad it is over with and even though I feel like I did my best, I learned more than I showed by a mile. I think, in fact that I learned more on that day than on any other day of training ever before.

I was graced by a distinguished panel of eleven Instructors and Masters who pushed me to my limits and supported me along the way. It is a wonderful feeling to be done with and I will never stop striving for the perfection and level that is expected of me by them and even more so now, by my own Self.

Farang - Larry

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's brilliant, Larry. Congratulations on a long, hard, sustained job well done.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to the order of the Hwarang, Jo Kyo Nim! :D

OP
lulflo

lulflo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thank you all very much. Now its time to make the attempt to master the basics I have learned. Now I am a white belt in Black belt, if you catch my meaning.

Farang - Larry

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thank you all very much. Now its time to make the attempt to master the basics I have learned. Now I am a white belt in Black belt, if you catch my meaning.

Farang - Larry
That you have this attitude is, I think, even more impressive than the rank itself. Too many people think that black belt is the ending, when, in reality, it is the beginning. Congratulations on your achievement, and even more on your understanding. :asian:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Farang - Larry
Absolutely.

Larry, will you send me info on the banquet privately, please?

Latest Discussions