Black/gothic metal fans, FYI.

OP
JBrainard

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
are they death grunters, or more melodic?

More screechy than grunts with melodic vocals mixed in. The music is very melodic death/grind. Their last album featured the Prague philharmonic orchestra on almost every track. A review I read described that album as "what Metallica's S&M should have sounded like."

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I can't listen to music on my PC here at work :(
But, did you notice on the Dimmu Borgir web site that Devil Driver will be joining them on their North American tour?

No I did not see that, but that it awesome!

And actually, I at first clicked the wrong link when I thought I was listening to them. I clicked on some of their songs and I renige my previous statement; Dimmu Borgir is totally my speed.

So for some of you be careful; make sure when you click a song that it actually Dimmu Borgir and not something else.

Thanks for the link up and the info, brotha. I'll buying some downloads for some mood music later tonight! :)

OP
JBrainard

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
No I did not see that, but that it awesome!

And actually, I at first clicked the wrong link when I thought I was listening to them. I clicked on some of their songs and I renige my previous statement; Dimmu Borgir is totally my speed.

Thanks for the link up and the info, brotha. I'll buying some downloads for some mood music later tonight! :)

No problem. I always love to spread the word of Satan ;)

Imagine Queen and King Diamond having a love child.

Kreth, I'm sure it's done playfully, but why are you always bashing my choice in music? Do you really dislike black metal or do you only listen to Megabreath, I mean Megadeath?

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kreth, I'm sure it's done playfully, but why are you always bashing my choice in music? Do you really dislike black metal or do you only listen to Megabreath, I mean Megadeath?
Actually, I thought that was a pretty accurate description of operatic black metal.

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
not bad. i have trouble getting past the growly vocals. i'm happier with the likes of nightwish, blind guardian, leaves' eyes. but the backing music is really rich and colorful. i'll have to look into more.

ever hear of korpiklanni?

OP
JBrainard

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Actually, I thought that was a pretty accurate description of operatic black metal.

Queen? I don't see it, but hey, that's just me.

not bad. i have trouble getting past the growly vocals. i'm happier with the likes of nightwish, blind guardian, leaves' eyes. but the backing music is really rich and colorful. i'll have to look into more.
ever hear of korpiklanni?

That's cool, growly vocals are an aquired taste ;)
And, no, I've never heard of korpiklanni. I'll go check them out right now...
Man, that's some crazy ****. I'll have to look into them further. Thanx!

MetalStorm

Green Belt
Reaction score
Im going to the show here just to see unearth, oh man are they going to kick ***

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Damn folks I got fooled when I saw the title of this thread and opened it thinking I was going to find some information on hand held fans.
OK I can be dense at times

Latest Discussions