Bizarro neighbor issue

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just me, but I am a little lukewarm on fake housings. Something like 20 years ago a university had one in their computer lab. A woman was assaulted and during the process ensured she was able to get herself and her attacker in front of the camera, not knowing it was fake. A big and successful lawsuit ensued. Different circumstances of course, but real cameras aren't that expensive now.
Not a fan of fake cameras overall myself -- but for a pure deterrent effect, they'll work.

OP
Flea

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I made my report tonight, and the officer was much more respectful than I expected considering the content. It was pretty funny how the conversation went. After taking my basic info, he clearly had a mental script because he asked me what part of the house was affected. Then "What was taken?" Nothing, I said, it was a deposit.... After his asking a few more blind questions I proposed that I put my report in narrative form and it went much more smoothly.

He said that raccoon poop is "bigger than you would expect," but after working in health care for the past six years I know human poop when I smell it. Besides, there were no claw marks on the fence. The officer suggested a trail camera, so I canceled the first order and got one of those instead. I'm feeling much more optimistic now. Thanks everyone!

OP
Flea

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
"As to booby traps - definitely illegal and I'd advise against it."

Truth undisputed.

That said, at the end of September the harvest is in. Where I store my own inverted tomato cages in my own backyard is my business. :mooning: :muted: When the trail camera comes in the mail tomorrow, I'll be ready to catch myself a party pooper. I'm looking forward to it.

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
He said that raccoon poop is "bigger than you would expect," but after working in health care for the past six years I know human poop when I smell it.

It's the size and shape of cat poop in my area. Last year, I kept getting poop in my window well. I then covered the window well with blocks on top of boards, and the problem went away last year. This year, they've taken to pooping on my lawn. I know it's not cats since cats will bury the poop, and I see raccoons at night.

OP
Flea

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ugh! One of my garden beds is swimming in cat markings, to the point that I had to get an air freshener for one room. I think the urine is soaking into the foundation or something. This is exactly why I rent!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh! One of my garden beds is swimming in cat markings, to the point that I had to get an air freshener for one room. I think the urine is soaking into the foundation or something. This is exactly why I rent!
That's a lot of cat urine. To solve the initial problem, look into something like "Nature's Miracle" (I think I remember it being non-toxic, so you're not killing the environment as long as you're not very close to a stream, etc.). Pour enough to soak the area a bit more than the urine would ever have soaked. The offending cat(s) will probably come back, so you might want to grab a bag of pine cat litter and mulch that area with it. It will absorb a good bit of the urine before it gets into the dirt, and does a decent job of controlling the odor.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's the size and shape of cat poop in my area. Last year, I kept getting poop in my window well. I then covered the window well with blocks on top of boards, and the problem went away last year. This year, they've taken to pooping on my lawn. I know it's not cats since cats will bury the poop, and I see raccoons at night.
I'm no expert on cat poop nor any other poop (other than me going), but I've read that cats don't cover up their doo dojo in the wild. It's a thing house cats do in litter boxes. Something about cats in the wild marking territory.

Appropriately enough, I read that in my Bathroom Reader book.

Latest Discussions