Bin Laden movie ready for election season

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I meant to put this under U.S. politics but I keep thinking the thread button above the top section leads to posting for the U.S. thread.

Here is an article that reports the Killing of Bin laden movie is set to be released just before the 2012 election and that the makers of the movie are getting high levels of cooperation and access to the white house.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/womenandhollywood/archives/2011/08/08/kathryn_bigelow_goes_political_for_next_film/

from the article:

Now that Obama is in a bit of a crisis (so to speak) according to
Maureen Dowd’s column in the NY Times yesterday, the administration is pinning its hopes that the Oscar winner will deliver a film that will create a narrative to help remind the American public that killing Bin Laden is one of the things that the Obama administration has gotten right.
Dowd says that Kathryn Bigelow and Mark Boal have high level access to government officials:
The moviemakers are getting top-level access to the most classified mission in history from an administration that has tried to throw more people in jail for leaking classified information than the Bush administration.
It was clear that the White House had outsourced the job of manning up the president’s image to Hollywood when Boal got welcomed to the upper echelons of the White House and the Pentagon and showed up recently — to the surprise of some military officers — at a C.I.A. ceremony celebrating the hero Seals.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions