Bin Laden is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
225306_1658377588011_1494282084_31309092_1430683_n.jpg

This assassination brought to you by Pepsi. When the heat is on and you want to stay cool, reach for a Pepsi. Softdrink choice of the Best of the Best and good people everywhere.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I am no expert. My understanding though is that "stealth" helicopters had more to do with being quiet, to avoid giving warning of an approach, rather than being harder to detect by radar. Since helicopters can fly extremely low, I thought they were already difficult if not impossible to find by radar if the pilot wants it that way.

Some opinions on the technology that may have been used in the helicopter.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/06/world/asia/06helicopter.html?_r=1

The commandos blew up one of the helicopters after it was damaged in a hard landing, but news photographs of the surviving tail section reveal modifications to muffle noise and reduce the chances of detection by radar.

The stealth features, similar to those used on advanced fighter jets and bombers, help explain how two of the helicopters sped undetected through Pakistani air defenses before reaching the Bin Laden compound in Abbottabad.

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It's naive to think that because someone is nice to you they therefore must be nice people. On the news the other day a small Pakistani child was interviewed about his going to the house where Bin Laden was killed, he said they were nice people in there they gave him two rabbits.
Whether you believe he wants to make me throw up is up to you, I'm not lying, he does. My family have been on the suffering end of such 'conservative'' politics before, he is in the position to change politics, it only takes the rest of us to do nothing for 'his' politicains to take over, ignoring it, laughing it off is dangerous. Not to mention he can be very insutling to those he considrs 'lefties', he's accused 'lefties' of murdrs, violence, ruining the world etc and has decided who on this site is a 'leftie' and who isn't going only by his standards. I don't believe stirring, trolling and twisting peoples words is indicative of a 'nice' person more of someone out to make mischief.

So, basically if people don't believe what you believe, they're not nice people? Got it!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, basically if people don't believe what you believe, they're not nice people? Got it!

Well as you are a Provo supporter I don't expect you ever to agree with me or stop twisting my words or to stop attacking me. You made your position quite clear when you accused the Paras of beating up pregnant women. A Provo lie.
Warrenpoint
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/august/27/newsid_3891000/3891055.stm

and this http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/february/4/newsid_4148000/4148933.stm

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is seriously the most disgusting damn thread I've read in a long *** time.

It is also extremely revealing.

Public Enemy number one is dead. A Democrat authorized the strike.

So because a Democrat did it, everything is bad and wrong.

Torture, which is designed to incite terror, is okay, but terrorism is evil.

I don't think it's funny. I think it's disgusting and dangerous and I think to treat it any other way is to hand off the country to greedy people who are carelessly misguided and misguiding.

Make no mistake - this is not harmless stupidity. Don't treat it as such.

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This is seriously the most disgusting damn thread I've read in a long *** time.

It is also extremely revealing.

Public Enemy number one is dead. A Democrat authorized the strike.

So because a Democrat did it, everything is bad and wrong.

I don't think it's funny. I think it's disgusting and dangerous and I think to treat it any other way is to hand off the country to greedy people who are carelessly misguided and misguiding.

Make no mistake - this is not harmless stupidity. Don't treat it as such.

What the President did was great! It was balsy! It was courageous! If anyone says otherwise, it's because their ideology has blinded them! Obama as one of his campaign promises vowed to hunt bin Laden where-ever he may be and he came through. I am by no means an Obama fan in general, but the moment I heard the initial press conference, I was immensley proud of him.Waterboarding worked and it worked as it is intended to work. No-one gave up valuable information when being waterboarded, that's not how it works. The individual is asked questions that the interrogator already knows the answers to when the individual in question is being waterboarded. When the idividual eventually breaks, they begin to give the truthful answers to these questions. After the coersed interrogations are stopped the interrogator will continue to aske questions that he already knows the answers to, until he is satified that he can then gain valuable previously unknown intel. The method worked.In short, I am proud of President Obama for going into a foreign country's souvreign territory, without authorization (suppossedly), to execute a piece of **** who ordered thousands of US citizens dead. I am also proud of the previous administration's tactics that lead to the intel that lead to the location of UBL. Good job lads!!

KELLYG

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I am relieved that osama is dead, but I am more concerned about the future ramifications of his death. I am not well versed with all of the legalities, politics, and party lines that have been discussed her. This is my personal simple view on this. There have been laws treaties, conventions written and supported by the united nations and other states as well since WWII that states, specifically, not to torture people. There are also presidential directives against assassination.

I understand that osama has been in the cross hairs for year with the "wanted dead or alive thing" My major concern is, that if we as a country do not uphold our word, with all the treaties and other legal instruments concerning assassination and torture, then we loose credibility in the world. My personal belief is that a man is only good as his word, and this should apply to the country as well. <<Simplistic I know>>

This assassination, in my opinion has opened Pandora's box. Everyone is now fair game anywhere any time and in any country. Sorry guys you can not twist and change what is right and what is wrong, according to the change of winds, before someone calls you out on it.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's being reported on the BBC news as well as in newspapers that Bin Laden wasn't killed in a firefight, the troops weren't shot at as only one man was armed. It seems this was an execution after all. this is one of the reports, Many other news agencies seem to be carrying the same story.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/04/osama-bin-laden-killing-us-story-change

The problem I think is going to be more all the contradictions by American officials rather than the actual operation. It seems to have turned from an heroic 'battle' to a cold blooded killing. The hype and publicity around this could and should of been handled much better than this. 'Fog of war' doesn't cover it, the President and others were shown to have been watching it all happen live so why the 'confusion'?

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am relieved that osama is dead, but I am more concerned about the future ramifications of his death. I am not well versed with all of the legalities, politics, and party lines that have been discussed her. This is my personal simple view on this. There have been laws treaties, conventions written and supported by the united nations and other states as well since WWII that states, specifically, not to torture people. There are also presidential directives against assassination.

I understand that osama has been in the cross hairs for year with the "wanted dead or alive thing" My major concern is, that if we as a country do not uphold our word, with all the treaties and other legal instruments concerning assassination and torture, then we loose credibility in the world. My personal belief is that a man is only good as his word, and this should apply to the country as well. <<Simplistic I know>>

This assassination, in my opinion has opened Pandora's box. Everyone is now fair game anywhere any time and in any country. Sorry guys you can not twist and change what is right and what is wrong, according to the change of winds, before someone calls you out on it.

The killing of UBL has actually been good for the US. It sends a message! The President told the word that he would hunt these people and find them wherever they were. He's done as he promised! Let's hope the world takes notice!

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It's being reported on the BBC news as well as in newspapers that Bin Laden wasn't killed in a firefight, the troops weren't shot at as only one man was armed. It seems this was an execution after all. this is one of the reports, Many other news agencies seem to be carrying the same story.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/04/osama-bin-laden-killing-us-story-change

The problem I think is going to be more all the contradictions by American officials rather than the actual operation. It seems to have turned from an heroic 'battle' to a cold blooded killing. The hype and publicity around this could and should of been handled much better than this. 'Fog of war' doesn't cover it, the President and others were shown to have been watching it all happen live so why the 'confusion'?

Here we go again!!

The bastard's dead! He had it coming! I'm just bummed that Zawahiri wasn't in the next room.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

some people only seem to understand terror. Do you really think a terrorist, an extremist, someone who is so dedicated to ending our existence that they will give their own lives will actually react in the way we want to anything else? Maybe we need to be extra nice and say pleaseeeeeee
ummm ya that will work..
:rofl:

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

see this is what happens when Americans pretend to give a crap what the rest of the world thinks. I would rather we be unapologetic about it. He deserved to die, I dont care how it happened, it did and now its over, move on.

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
some people only seem to understand terror. Do you really think a terrorist, an extremist, someone who is so dedicated to ending our existence that they will give their own lives will actually react in the way we want to anything else? Maybe we need to be extra nice and say pleaseeeeeee
ummm ya that will work..
:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually there are so far about 18 changes to the initial story. This is why I call it amatuer hour. They debrief these guys, someone in charge needed to read the debrief and put out one story, or they should have said they were not going to discuss the operational details of the raid. Tez mentioned they watched it live, apparently that may not be the case. Other story changes I heard today,

1) the helicopter had some sort of engine stall, changed to helicopter blade clipped wall
2) Osama was clothed, osama was naked

3) there was an intense firefight, there was very little shooting after the first floor
4) Osama was armed, osama was not armed, osama had an AK 47 near by that he was reaching for
5) They killed one of his wives, they did not kill one of his wives

There are about 18 story changes, not saying they lied, but come on. The biggest story of the year and they don't prepare for the press coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions