Best videos for:

bigfootsquatch

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I've seen several tkd and gjj videos and am looking for what you guys believe are the absolutely best instructionals and insightful videos for each.

For TKD, I've heard that Revolution of Kicking is really good, and Sang H. Kim's ultimate kicking drills are also really good. I have books on the poomse already; I'm mainly looking for more insight into TKD.

GJJ-I'm not a big fan of the Rorion Gracie series. I believe it is quality material no doubt! But it is mostly very basic and is a little dated, and I practice that in class quite a bit. I've heard that Demain Maia, Saulo Ribiero, and Marcelo Garcia are the best. I believe Renzo and Kukak's series are good but dated.

So...any suggestions? and...no, these are not to teach myself martial arts; I train in both.

SilatFan

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have all these sets and I'd say that the generic answer is Saulo Ribeiro's DVDs and anything by Roy Harris for your fundamentals. After that it depends on what area of your game you want to work on and what your body type is like.

I've seen several tkd and gjj videos and am looking for what you guys believe are the absolutely best instructionals and insightful videos for each.

For TKD, I've heard that Revolution of Kicking is really good, and Sang H. Kim's ultimate kicking drills are also really good. I have books on the poomse already; I'm mainly looking for more insight into TKD.

GJJ-I'm not a big fan of the Rorion Gracie series. I believe it is quality material no doubt! But it is mostly very basic and is a little dated, and I practice that in class quite a bit. I've heard that Demain Maia, Saulo Ribiero, and Marcelo Garcia are the best. I believe Renzo and Kukak's series are good but dated.

So...any suggestions? and...no, these are not to teach myself martial arts; I train in both.