Best Storyline of Video Games you played?

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
What video game you have played in the past do you think has the best storyline and/or a storyline that would maybe even make a good movie?

I think there are two video games I have played that is worth to be written as a movie or a book. Final Fantasy X and Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. Both stories were very original and well thought out.

OP
K

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
What was the storyline behind Tetris? I know you move blocks and make a pattern but was there an actual story;)?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's from Flatland! :D

I don't play many story games. There's one I like about a lone mine detection team in a vast field of mines...the clock ticks as they work to identify all the mines without a mishap!

hemi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yes I’m over 30 and love my X-box. I can think of a few games that had great story lines. One would be Halo well Halo 2 for that matter and Knights of the Old Republic.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
I liked Panzer Dragoon Saga's story. Think it'd work equally well as a novel.

Also liked Final Fantasy 8's just because there was a lot of stuff involved in the nature of the time loop everyone was in that you had to unpack for yourself 'cause it wasn't spoon fed to you.

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
I LOVE Final Fantasy 7 and FFX's storylines. I also like the original Resident Evil one too. Splinter Cell's is good. I allways enjoy the Thief series storylines. OH I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT MORROWIND!!! AWESOME!!! Well, I am sure there are more, but that is enough for now.

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would have to agree with the Zelda games... all pretty good. My all time favorite thou was Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 Stars. Old school super nintendo game... but good story line.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen, the original PS1 game. holy Jesus, was this a good game. it had a day/night cycle, certain powers would be affected by the time including the werewolf/full moon thing and the armor/weapon combos were just great. and the fact that it spawned three next-generation console sequals including two starring his son, Raziel, and one with himself.

the original Resident Evil for PS1 one was the first game that made me "Oh, sh**!!!!!" anyone who's played it knows exactly what part I'm talking about...walking down a long hallway for the first time...the game was just so...cinematic and took a piece from Alone in The Dark and just ran with it and thus we have over five sequals including a next-gen remake.

Halo...another extremely cinematic game that had a blockbuster sequal and also spawned three novels detailing the Chief's excursions. anybody who doesn't envy Master Chief and want their own Cortana need only play the game.