BEST MMA Fighter to visit your Dojo

Champ-Pain

Blue Belt
Reaction score
In 2006 or 2007 (I can't remember), Anderson Silva visited my dojo, for a instructional seminar... before he became the UFC 185 lbs Champion. I don't know why - but an associate/friend of his, contacted me on the phone and asked if I'd be interested in having Silva as a guest at my dojo - NO cost to me, and only $50 per person attending the siminar. Although he was not as popular or well known back then, compared to now-a-days, I thought, what the hell? Lets do it...

To make a long story short - they did absolutely NO advertising for the event, and gave me some flyers to post up on my dojo windows - the day before the seminar. Needless to say, not many folks showed up - 1 (ONE) to be exact. What a disaster - complete embarrassment for everyone involved.

Has any BIG time MMA fighter ever visited your dojo?
Who?
How did you get him/her to come?

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Frank Shamrock stopped by our school once. He has a school in the area and stopped by to talk to my Sabumnim. Not sure what they talked about but it was cool to see him come in. Really nice guy and showed a lot of respect.

phlaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I go to a traditional Tae kwon Do school and we have had Brock Larson, Dan Severn and a few others over the years for different events.