Be careful who you talk to

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20060710/tc_pcworld/126373

In the new scam, which Secure Computing calls "vishing," identity thieves ask potential victims to call a phone number attached to a VoIP account, easily obtained online through services such as Skype or through retailers reselling VoIP products such as Vonage Holdings, Henry said.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I automatically erase e-mails from those I never heard of, so unless I know someone is wanting to get hold of me, I say "bye- bye"! I also have a bulk mail bin, which most of that stuff goes in there automatically.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
tkdgirl said:
I automatically erase e-mails from those I never heard of, so unless I know someone is wanting to get hold of me, I say "bye- bye"! I also have a bulk mail bin, which most of that stuff goes in there automatically.
Likewise, I may or may not recognize your e-mail so unless the subject heading says "Hey Ralph!" or You know me from MT or one of my other groups ... bye bye.

I have a personal e-mail that I give out only to those whom I know personally (on line or in person) ... otherwise they get my yahoo e-mail addy and that automatically determines if an mail is bulk or not by the number of "recipients". All web pages that I'm browsing (not living on like I do it seems on MT :D ) that ask for my e-mail addy will get the yahoo one irregardless.

So far it's kept my personal one relatively spam free with an occasional one slipping through the cracks. When that happens then there's a fwd-ing address to the same server that will mark the sender and put a block on it so I don't get the same spam twice.

It's always the little things that count. :D

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One thing to remember is that your bank, credit card company, paypal, etc. will never notify you of a possible account breach of security, or ask for identification verification, etc, by e-mail. So even if it looks legitimate, it is not. Delete, delete, delete.

Latest Discussions