BattleStar Galactica Remake totally f'd up!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok.....more info on this Cluster that they are going to call BSG...

http://www.battlestargalactica.com/features/articles_interviews/archive/2002/dec02b-plain.html

Lets sum it up.... 12 cities, not worlds, cylons were made by humans, Galacticas a mothballed museum with no weapons, StarBuck and Boomer are female, the Adama family is as disfunctional as Al Bundys, is loaded with profanity and sexual themes (not implied, but flat out shown).

This isn't the BSG I grew up loving....this is NYPD BLUE in space.

After reading this...I have to agree with the writer:
The fans will HATE this. People who know nothing of the original will watch mini-series and not the series. I cannot believe that Vivendi Universal, Universal Television, StudiosUSA and SCI-FI Channel aren't aware of this. It is one thing to do a television movie/mini-series of this, and quite another to want audiences to tune in every week. Battlestar Galactica is a GENESIS EPIC with a larger, broader dramatic scope. An emotional show. A spiritual show. Not a technological show.

Ronald D. Moore and David Eick had a magnificient opportunity: The retelling of Battlestar Galactica, a property which Universal Studios entrusted to them, a property which fans clamored for (and clamored specifically for something other than this remake), and a chance to create excellence. Instead, the former "family show" is being updated for modern audiences where family values are being replaced with sex, disrespect and dysfunction.

This remake is a disaster and will be the END of the line for this property.

Damn them all.....