Barry Ichman? Tao of Ninpo

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Paladin Press published a book called "Tao of Ninpo, Way of Life, Way of Death" by some feller named Barry Ichman in or around 1986. A few years back I came across a copy of the book at a Military Surplus store in a box of books that included old manuals, a Garfield graphic book and Stephen King's Misery.

Does anyone know who this guy is? I found this book again when I was digging through my garage for something else. I haven't finished the book yet, but I was wondering if anyone else has heard of him. From what I have read so far, on a scale he seems closer to SKH than Ashida Kim...it looks like later in the book it ref: the Mandala (like SKH) and addresses the Kuji (as must have been mandatory in 80's ninja books).

He uses no japanese terminology and wears the Hollywood ninja suit from Kmart's halloween department.

Just asking...

OP
stone_dragone

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Although I'm not a ninjutsu stylist, I have been doing a lot of reading and research on the topic in hopes of one day actually being within an hour drive from a school.

I'll post a review in this thread when I get done with the book.

Albertus

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have this book and have read it also. It has some interesting information, especially about the spiritual side of Ninjutsu. I don't know Barry Ichman, but I don't think he is a Bujinkan guy. Although the contents of the book does make sence and isn't like the Ashida Kim pseudo stuff, the pictures in the book make you wonder because they look a bitt silly. The book is dedicated to his Sensei Fushima, if this ring a bell. I bought the book for 15 dollar, so no harm done.

Latest Discussions