Barack Obama

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I just watched his interview on Meet the Press and I really impressed. I appreciated his candor and his clarity of thought. The man has a backbone and isn't afraid to say what he really believes. I came away from the interview thinking that Illinois was very lucky to have such a person representing the state and that I was looking at our first black president. What do you all think of him?

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
From what little I've seen and heard, he strikes me as an upstanding citizen. We disagree on most political positions, though. :D

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's always struck me as intelligent and clear thinker and speaker. I think he has a good political future and could do some good things if he avoids the common pitfalls of politics that are popping up quite frequently these days....

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have referenced it elsewhere on this board, his speech at the Democratic National Convention in Boston last year was outstanding. As I watched it, I felt that I was seeing a future President.

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have nothing against the guy, but I don't think he has really done anything politacally yet, and it would seem that considering him for president is a lot premature at this point.

Sorry if it sounds racisit, as that is not my intention, but would anybody outside of Illinois have ever heard of him if he weren't black?

KenpoEMT

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I got to listen to his DNC convention speech over XM Radio. The man is certainly a gifted speaker. I was very impressed.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score

Blotan Hunka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What he's not some wealthy (rich getting richer) "fortunate son"? Sounds suspiciously like the "American Dream" there, hows that going to fly?

deadhand31

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
The 7th layer of Hell. Wisconsin, to the rest of y
I remember watching his speech at the last DNC. I felt he was an amazing speaker. He had a clear message, and was great at getting me to feel what he was saying. Despite the fact we're on opposite sides of the political spectrum, he was able to get me to deal him a great amount of credibility. I believe that he definately has potential for great leadership.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If Mr. Obama wrote that speech, I consider his message to be precisely what I had imagined the essence of the American Dream to be. He delivers in his oratory a theme of reconciliation, sharing, unity, and strength. I'll be interested to follow his progress through time.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
I came away from the interview thinking that Illinois was very lucky to have such a person representing the state and that I was looking at our first black president. What do you all think of him?

I thought the same thing the first time I heard him speak. I think he's fantastic and he would have my vote for president.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
deadhand31 said:
I remember watching his speech at the last DNC. I felt he was an amazing speaker. He had a clear message, and was great at getting me to feel what he was saying. Despite the fact we're on opposite sides of the political spectrum, he was able to get me to deal him a great amount of credibility. I believe that he definately has potential for great leadership.

I remember being so captivated by his speech that I stayed up through a repeat broadcast of the convention, just to hear his speech again.

I never thought I'd be so enthralled by a politician that I don't necessarily agree with, but he truly amazed me.

He surely has an amazing future, and I am looking forward to seeing how it unfolds.

Latest Discussions