XM radio or free radio

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was wondering what everybody thoughts where about Satellite radio the pro's and con's.

I myself have xm and love it no commercials, I know your paying a monthly premiun but we also pay for cable TV.
Thanks
terry

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
I was wondering what everybody thoughts where about Satellite radio the pro's and con's.

I myself have xm and love it no commercials, I know your paying a monthly premiun but we also pay for cable TV.
Thanks
terry

XM and Sirius are both good products. I also have XM and I have a friend who really likes his Sirius.

I pay the price because I like no commercials while in the car. Ihate being on the road and in some place where there are few channels to listen too, and they all have commercials or are nto playing anything I like. I know this is what most people buy CD's for. But for the cost of 1/2 a CD a month you get the whole complete play list of the station, with multiple fields or genres, and you also get sports and talk radio and even weather for metro areas.

I listen to Squizz most of the time, what is your favorite channel?

Shirt Ripper

Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of paying for radio services but it is becoming like television...the free stuff just sucks for the most part. There were two solid rock station up here (northern MN) and one changed to 80's crap rock and the other to country (now we have 347 of those...great!). Moronic DJ's and horribly repetitive playlists (even on the good stations)...I'm either no longer listening or paying for it when I can finance it!

Radio blows.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would like to have the satellite radio but at the moment it doesn't fit in the budget. I can't stand all of the commercials or a station playing the same damned song every hour.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
~ Invisible airwaves, crackle with life, bright antenna, glisten with the energy ~
~ Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelengths, bearing a gift beyond price, almost free ... ~

Soon, everyone will have an I-pod, and be able to connect that to their autos.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not crazy about satellite, to be honest.

The no-commercials part is cool, but satellite radio has other things that irritate me. The dropouts are irritating, and...I haven't been that crazy about the content. One or two channels that I like, and a bunch of stations that play one or two instersting songs an hour and a whole lot of dreck in between.

The last time I listened was on an airplane, and the news stations were just piping in the audio portion from their television show....commercials and all. Boring! Nothing like listening to the radio and hearing a reporter say "As you see to my left..."

It's not bad...but I didn't hear anything that inspired me to pay for yet another device that wants to lock me down in to a contract.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, In the future we will be paying for everything we hear ,see and do?

America was free......now it is all about $$$$$$. One day will be paying for everything? Oh no! ...................Aloha

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Did you know Paris has pay toilets for the public use? about 50 cents each time and over 2 million people paid.

but the homeless and those who don't have cash......? in the near future they will make it free again. (wonder why?).......Aloha

Latest Discussions