Back Hand Strike:

OP
B

BionicMan13

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Columbus,Ohio/At home and at a recreation center
The closer to the body the better. Your finger tips should touch your chest. This way, when you reach the position you started from in the vid, you are already turning it over and grafting it to a thrust.
Sean
I see! Some what winding it back? It been a long while since I been training.Thanks for the info!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I see! Some what winding it back? It been a long while since I been training.Thanks for the info!
So, if you were to do and inward blocking motion to and incomming missle attack, you would make contact, ride his weapon back to your opposite shoulder for safety (and the wind up) from which you throw a full back knuckle grafted into a thrust, instead of trying to leave your hand out there. Remember, its ok to move up to your hand with your body; so, its not like your doomed to move your hands away from your opponent to gain power. :)

OP
B

BionicMan13

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
So, if you were to do and inward blocking motion to and incomming missle attack, you would make contact, ride his weapon back to your opposite shoulder for safety (and the wind up) from which you throw a full back knuckle grafted into a thrust, instead of trying to leave your hand out there. Remember, its ok to move up to your hand with your body; so, its not like your doomed to move your hands away from your opponent to gain power. :)
Hmmmmm....so you teach self-defense? Seem like you know your stuff!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks! Well the basic self-defense! I took up boxing&karate as a kid! Didn't do it for long. One of my goal is to become a self-defense instructor.
Well, I guess my only advice is to stay down in stance, and if you like squats, you will like karate. :)

SENC-33

Green Belt
Reaction score
It looks like your relaxed so that is good. Turn your arm into a missle and "sink" the strike in using your entire body weight. You don't want to go through the target or pull back, you want to feel your fist penetrate and keep the energy inside your target This strike can be brutal with a knife hand to pressure points along the jaw line.

You have some fast hands by the way

OP
B

BionicMan13

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It looks like your relaxed so that is good. Turn your arm into a missle and "sink" the strike in using your entire body weight. You don't want to go through the target or pull back, you want to feel your fist penetrate and keep the energy inside your target This strike can be brutal with a knife hand to pressure points along the jaw line.

You have some fast hands by the way

Being relax help with the speed part! Sound like throwing a hook? So, you saying! Not to snap back? Thanks! I train hard to developed explosiveness!

SENC-33

Green Belt
Reaction score
Being relax help with the speed part! Sound like throwing a hook? So, you saying! Not to snap back? Thanks! I train hard to developed explosiveness!

Think of your fist as a 45 caliber bullet. You want a ballistic strike where the energy from the strike implodes "inside". When I strike I try to send the energy downward or upward into the body instead of straight through. When I strike the solar plexus I sink the energy downward and you would feel it all the way into your rear end. A strike to the side rib area I send the strike upwards into the lungs

OP
B

BionicMan13

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Think of your fist as a 45 caliber bullet. You want a ballistic strike where the energy from the strike implodes "inside". When I strike I try to send the energy downward or upward into the body instead of straight through. When I strike the solar plexus I sink the energy downward and you would feel it all the way into your rear end. A strike to the side rib area I send the strike upwards into the lungs

That something I have to learn to do! Seem like you know your stuff?

SENC-33

Green Belt
Reaction score
That something I have to learn to do! Seem like you know your stuff?

Next time you are with a training partner have him hold his arm out. Raise your arm up above your head, relax it while holding it then let it drop with zero tension onto his arm. Watch his eyes in amazement......heavy hands

SENC-33

Green Belt
Reaction score
That like dropping down a rock or something?!

The average arm weighs around 12-15 lbs.......You ever had to carry a dead weight drunk before? They seem heavier because they are totally relaxed! Same with your arm when it is relaxed.....you are hitting with its full weight

OP
B

BionicMan13

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The average arm weighs around 12-15 lbs.......You ever had to carry a dead weight drunk before? They seem heavier because they are totally relaxed! Same with your arm when it is relaxed.....you are hitting with its full weight

Nope! But I do understand dead weight! So, by imploding with your strikes! It cause more damage than hitting something straight through! Basically, I need to strike upward or downward when hitting someone?

Latest Discussions