Back from Japan

stephen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
However, comradery is there. One of the high points of our trip was going out to dinner with some Swedish practitioners, our group and two Shihans and enjoying a great meal, drinks and lots of talk. All of this just after my friend passed the Godan test. So comradery is definately there but it also is what you make of it.
icon6.gif

I totally agree...I travelled alone my last trip. I met up with others starting with the check in at the hotel (not hard to figure out what gaijin at the Kashiwa Plaza are up to) and lots of post training drinks and food with people from all over the world that I had never met nor spoke to before.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I totally agree...I travelled alone my last trip. I met up with others starting with the check in at the hotel (not hard to figure out what gaijin at the Kashiwa Plaza are up to) and lots of post training drinks and food with people from all over the world that I had never met nor spoke to before.

Yes, I really felt alot of comradery! I was lucky to be with and shown around by people who had been there many times before or lived currently in Japan. (that was definately a plus)

Did I expect to go out to eat with Soke? No, I did not. However, one of my companions did and also went to a swordstore with him. The connections are there and the comrader is there also. The Bujinkan is a big organization with alot of wonderful people in it who are on the path of Budo. Connect with that energy and I believe it really makes a differance.

OP
Bujingodai

Bujingodai

Black Belt
Reaction score
I did enjoy my trip, the experience was amazing. Please don't read me wrong there. And my sessions with the actual instructors was just great. I also did share the mat with some great people too. The trip wasn't bad per se, just some observations that put me off.
Also I don't think that I was expecting a dangerous thing.
I have been to many group trainings with people I have never met and there were lots of good comrodary there. Lets just say the atmosphere at some points was not my cup of tea.

Latest Discussions