August 28th, 2006: Remembering GM Remy A. Presas

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was glad to be out of town, away from computers and cell phone reception, to be able to look out on the sun setting over the quiet lake and reflect. I hope that I am making Professor proud, and I am hoping that his predecessors are doing the same.

GMLAZO

White Belt
Reaction score
It seems only yesterday when I met the GM Remy Presas and GM Ernesto Presas at the Republic Supermarket in Sta Cruz, Manila back in the 60's. They were putting a demo. at Tayo's school of martial arts and like anywhere GM Remy went, he had everybody watching with awe. He was showing disarmng a live blade and even using his neck as a disarming tool. Everyone present was so impressed. I was there by chance passing by to answer the call of nature and when I was by the door GM Ernesto Presas came out and we introduced ourselves to each other, introduced me to GM Remy Presas and that started the beginning of a long relationship. After knowing GM Remy, I noticed his strong leadership and I knew then that his art will carry him to the top. This impression made me extend my help to formulate the Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws of his Modern Arnis Federation which I registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission. I still have a copy of these files as remembrance of the by gone days. GM Remy successfuly made his organization international. I hope and wish that the organization he left behind will go on with the strength of the leaders left behind. GM Remy is a big loss in the martial arts world. Remembering a great martial artist is all we can do, pay homage to his greatness, and hope others will follow his footsteps especially his vision as a martial artist. May he rest in peace in the arms of the absolute.

Latest Discussions