Aug 28th fights

R

RyuShiKan

Well Aug 28th is going to be an interesting night at the fights here in Japan.

Crucop (sp?) of K1 vs Sakuraba pro wrastlin'

Bob Thorpe vs Brazilian guy (sorry I forgot his name, he just fought the HeiSei Assasin and gave him some chin music that won't be forgotten soon)

Royce Gracie vs Yoshida, of Olympic Judo fame

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow, and I bet I won't be able to see any of it living here in East Texas, the armpit of the US of A

OP
A

artful dodger

Originally posted by 7starmantis

Wow, and I bet I won't be able to see any of it living here in East Texas, the armpit of the US of A

Try living in New Zealand!

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, at least you have a view!!

I've heard NEw Zealand is beautiful! I've wanted to visit there since I was a child!

OP
J

J-kid

I saw the last pride where don frie retired and it was a blast looked like somthing from a vidoe game. I was screaming USA all the way as i watched 2 days later at my house because satlite it dos nt come in live from japan skytv. :D Some great fights watched it about 14 times . cant wait see next one and the next UFC fight coming up the end of this months, If you can have someone tape it for you ,. or buy it some were i would highly recommend it. ALOT OF FUN, :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Your friend Judo-kid The next Pride is the one where roycle graice returns and thats the one you are talking about right?

OP
R

RyuShiKan

I am not sure what rules they will use.
Japanese "UFC" rules are a bit different than the US from what I have seen.
I will try to video tape................if I can.

OP
J

J-kid

Its only in japan and london and UFC just got licened in navada so i will be going down there to watch. WOOT sounds great:CTF:

OP
J

J-kid

I believe no elbows no head butts no eye poking no neck breaking . other rules If a oponent wts 25 pounds over the other one , the smaller one can choose no knees on the ground,.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The report is that the match was initially decided for the Japanese fighter but it's been ruled no contest instead--the referee stopped the fight because he said Royce Gracie tapped out but now both fighters say there was no tap. In any event it sounds as though Royce Gracie was dominated the entire fight.

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Somewhere on the internet seen where Royce's record was 97-1. They must not count the time in UFC 3 where he couldn't start his next match. To me this was a lost on his record. It's no different in boxing if you can't answer the bell, or fell to show up to fight you are consider to have lost the fight.
Bob:asian:

OP
J

J-kid

He said he couldnt see , so his corner threw in the towel,
i watched the fight befor look tiring,

Latest Discussions