Armpit Pressure Point

• Thread starter the_kicking_fiend
  • Start date
OP
C

chufeng

No, he's not a JAG officer...
He's a paralegal NCO...

You've assumed something about him again...
Get the facts straight before commenting next time.

:asian:
chufeng

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Johnathan Napalm
I was joking about his "biggest challenge was at the local bar". Look, the guy is JAG. No one would dare to touch his hair!

What precisely is that intended to mean?

I made no assumption about what he did in Japan or anywhere or how he conducts his off-base social life. Not even talking about those at all.

Your assumption was that I frequented places of questionable orientation. Your assumption was that you know anything about me at all...

My point was, he was an officer, a representative of the US in a foreign land.

I am an officer. A noncommissioned officer, a sergeant, a leader of fighting men and women. I have been an Infantryman, a Cavalry Scout, a sniper, a drill sergeant and now I serve as a military paralegal supporting one of the largest military legal offices in the Army. And now you know...

His circle of interaction was affected by his official status. You don't get to do what you want when you represent Uncle Sam.

Assumption #2. My circle of interaction had nothing to do with my military duties. I went out of my way to get away from the installation, to immerse myself as deeply into the local culture and community as I could. My friends were regular, everyday folks with a large array of interests from a wide range of backgrounds. If anything, I was treated much more harshly for having been a service member when my duty status was ever an issue.

The best friends I had over there were expatriates - two Americans (RyuShiKan, and Silent Dan from E-budo), an Irish Brit (Kimpatsu from E-budo), a German (Mark Brecht from E-budo), a Canadian (Jeff Hamacher from E-budo), and a host of local nationals, all Japanese. The expatriates all varied in the duration of their stay in Japan, from only a few years to RyuShiKan's 14. All of them are/were fluent in Japanese, all were martial artists, and all had a rather interesting taste of Japan's invisible side.

And again, now you know.

IF you are a representative of the USA, you get preferential treatment. That is ALL I WAS SAYING.

First you say that you received poor treatment overseas, then you say as an American you get preferential treatment. So which is it? The only treatment I ever got was from what I earned by showing my hosts I knew how to behave...

Thanks for asking. :shrug: I'm still waiting to hear details of your extensive background in Asia. With all you have said, it must make for interesting reading.

Gambarimasu.

OP
Y

yilisifu

Uhmmmmm...I WAS in bookstores...very LARGE ones in Beijing and Shanghai and found NO books on dim mak and only a few on martial arts at all (and they were very poor, to say the least).

In modern China, fighting for any reason is frowned upon. I hate to break the news, but people do not go hacking at each with cleavers or anything else. Each practice fighting (outside of government-sponsored or recognized sanda classes) is discouraged.

Most Chinese youngsters in China have no idea what dim mak is...

The "Orient" decribed earlier as "a place where they wouldn't have a second thought about slicing your head off" barely exists anymore (except in old movies). Maybe there are a handful of areas wherein such violence occurs regularly, but by and large, it isn't at all what it used to be...

The assumptions made about Yiliquan 1 due to his military status were ridiculous and uncalled for.

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by chufeng
No, he's not a JAG officer...
He's a paralegal NCO...

You've assumed something about him again...
Get the facts straight before commenting next time.

chufeng

No assumption taken. He mentioned being a JAG officer himself in a previous post. I suppose I can search for that post, if necessary. Else I would not have mentioned he is JAG.

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I never, ever said I was a JAG officer (thereby implying that I was an attorney and a commissioned officer).

I am an enlisted soldier, a Sergeant (E-5 Promotable), a military paralegal (which is what all enlisted members of the Judge Advocate General's Corps are - military paralegals.

Never once did I state or imply, overtly or covertly, that I was a commissioned officer and attorney. To do so would be in violation of federal law and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Period.

And arguing with Chufeng about my status, given that he has been both enlisted and officer, works on the same post I am stationed at and has known me personally for over 14 years would be nothing more than an exercise in futility. He knows me far better than you likely ever will (since we don't live anywhere near each other and all...).

Gambarimasu.

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Yiliquan1
What precisely is that intended to mean?
If you were JAG, you would be unlikely to have other people get in your way. Military personnel prefer NOT to "get in the way of JAG or anyone from Criminal Investigation" ;)

Your assumption was that I frequented places of questionable orientation. Your assumption was that you know anything about me at all...
EXCUSE ME? You are putting words in my mouth now.
Good lord! I mentioned that the biggest challenge you might face is in the local bar catering to GIs. Hello? JUST WHAT THE HECK did you read from that? Is there any military personnel who has NEVER being to a local bar?? You seem to have read WAY MORE than what I posted. It would be helpful if you would let me know just what you read from it. Then we ALL CAN BE ON THE SAME PAGE HERE.
I am an officer. A noncommissioned officer, a sergeant, a leader of fighting men and women. I have been an Infantryman, a Cavalry Scout, a sniper, a drill sergeant and now I serve as a military paralegal supporting one of the largest military legal offices in the Army. And now you know...
I remember reading you mentioned that you work in JAG now. I thought by that you mean you are a JAG officer.

Assumption #2. My circle of interaction had nothing to do with my military duties. I went out of my way to get away from the installation, to immerse myself as deeply into the local culture and community as I could. My friends were regular, everyday folks with a large array of interests from a wide range of backgrounds. If anything, I was treated much more harshly for having been a service member when my duty status was ever an issue.

The best friends I had over there were expatriates - two Americans (RyuShiKan, and Silent Dan from E-budo), an Irish Brit (Kimpatsu from E-budo), a German (Mark Brecht from E-budo), a Canadian (Jeff Hamacher from E-budo), and a host of local nationals, all Japanese. The expatriates all varied in the duration of their stay in Japan, from only a few years to RyuShiKan's 14. All of them are/were fluent in Japanese, all were martial artists, and all had a rather interesting taste of Japan's invisible side.

And again, now you know.
Thanks for sharing.

First you say that you received poor treatment overseas, then you say as an American you get preferential treatment. So which is it? The only treatment I ever got was from what I earned by showing my hosts I knew how to behave...
As an American repesenting Uncle Sam, you would get preferential treatment. As an ordinary American, then it depends on how well you adapt to the local way of doing things.

Thanks for asking. :shrug: I'm still waiting to hear details of your extensive background in Asia. With all you have said, it must make for interesting reading.
It would make a novel. WARNING!! Might put you to sleep!!

My grandparents worked for the Crown as colonists. Became landowner during the Japanese occupation in WWII. Riiight. How could you become landowner during the invasion? Better yet, why would the British let my grandpa kept all the properties granted to him FREE by the Imperial Japanese Army, when he was apparently the enemy? Family secret. No one knows (those who knew took everything to the grave). My parents ran plantations, taught at missionary schools. I spent a large part of my childhood ON THE BEACH, TROPICAL ISLAND PARADISE! lol

I started working with the locals even when I was young enough to be their son. It was easier to deal with them if you happened to be the one who paid them. You are talking about people who think nothing of killing, let alone fighting. Everyday, you could scan through the frontpage and there would be several killings. Gruesome pictures were never censored. Unfortunately no one was immune from the harm of lawlessness. We have many friends who lost their lives to this lawless killing. It didn't matter if you were a priest, doctor, lawyer, entrepreneur, teacher or housewife. All are likely victims of robbery, home invasion, piracy, revenge, random crime.

Every house was (still is) literary a fortress. You have bars on every windows and doors. Flood light. Siren alarm. Guard dogs. Most community is guarded. I remember there was this one time, a gang of seaborne pirates were repusled in an attempt to rob one residential community half a mile from our estate. This bunch of nuts ran for their lives with a team of armed guards on their tails. They broke throught the fences and dashed through our house perimeter, triggering alarm and all hell broke loose. My mom was going nuts looking at the alarm system, trying to figure out where the breach was. The neighbors were firing waring shots into the air. You have a team of armed guards screaming their lung out at us, about wanting to enter our estate to pursue the pirates. Of course, we didn't know what the heck was going on. It made for one hell of an argument in the middle night.

Life was cheaper in a lawless land. You treat people they want to be treated. If they were ignorant about their health, there wasn't much you could do but just go with it. You let them eat ration that you know would give them cancer down the road. It didn't matter if you argue with them that the food was contaminated, they were going to eat it anyway. Today, I am ashamed of the way I have treated the locals. I have valued their health and their lives, the way their ignorance have betrayed them. We didn't consider them as fellow human beings. Harsh as that may sound, that was the way things were. We didn't make the rules. We lived with them.

I was at one time associated with an extortion outfit. It was one of those things where one of your buddies was a member of an organized crime outfit, and you got a free ride on protection. No one would give you trouble b/c of your gangster friend. If you want someone roughed up, just give his name to your friend. When you were young and foolish and you lived with the illusion of loyalty and all that, your friends have a lot of influence on you, good or bad.

When you grew up, you became quite a different person. But you still carry a lot of the past as baggage. To this day, I am quite insensitive to people getting pissed. It just seems so petty and trivial the kind of things people tend to get pissed over. When you have lived through seeing people you love died in front of you, because of a decision you made, very little in life seems to matter anymore. So you tend to sneer when people whine about seemingly petty little problems.

I left all that behind and broke all contact with the past. I have a different life now.

I understand that without offering anything specific, this is no better than a tall tale, something to be dimissed as internet BS. So be it. I have more to lose by talking too much than to care about popping up my internet persona at this forum. If people dismiss this story, fine with me. I don't care. Your comment has no impact on my life, whatsoever. lol

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
Right. OK, so that armpit pressure point can be good for numbing an opponents arm, and possibly stunning them. Rumor has it that striking that point can kill, so be careful using it in training.

Also, Americans with a genuine interest in the culture of an Asian people can earn their respect and friendship, while Asians generally like hacking up British colonials with meat cleavers whenever they get the chance.

OP
C

chufeng

My grandparents worked for the Crown as colonists. Became landowner during the Japanese occupation in WWII. Riiight. How could you become landowner during the invasion? Better yet, why would the British let my grandpa kept all the properties granted to him FREE by the Imperial Japanese Army, when he was apparently the enemy? Family secret.

Double agent? Traitor to the crown? Who knows, right?

(those who knew took everything to the grave).

How convenient.

My parents ran plantations, taught at missionary schools.

So were they exploiting the people by running plantations or saving them by their missionary work? I don't know of very many missionaries who run cheap labor camps.

I started working with the locals even when I was young enough to be their son. It was easier to deal with them if you happened to be the one who paid them. You are talking about people who think nothing of killing, let alone fighting. Everyday, you could scan through the frontpage and there would be several killings.

So, you were a little mafioso?
Or just a spoiled son of a landowner who used his mom and dad's money to bully his way through the locals?
...and what year was this? Hong Kong, you say...

Every house was (still is) literary a fortress. You have bars on every windows and doors. Flood light. Siren alarm. Guard dogs. Most community is guarded.

Doesn't sound like the housing for "common" folk to me.

Life was cheaper in a lawless land. You treat people they want to be treated. If they were ignorant about their health, there wasn't much you could do but just go with it. You let them eat ration that you know would give them cancer down the road.

So, life was cheap for you...
Again, spoiled son of a rich landowner...
The "riff-raff" you fed these bad rations to didn't mean much to you did they?
Since you were the son of a rich land-owner (allegedly) do you really think that YOU were treated just like the people on the street? NOT...and Hong Kong is not representative of all of Asia...
Certainly not representative of China, Taiwan, Thailand, or Japan.

but, back to your tall tale...

I was at one time associated with an extortion outfit. It was one of those things where one of your buddies was a member of an organized crime outfit, and you got a free ride on protection. No one would give you trouble b/c of your gangster friend.

If there is any truth in your story, it is more likely that Daddy and Mummsy paid to keep you safe.

I left all that behind and broke all contact with the past. I have a different life now

You got therapy and the medicine is working...delusions are now under control;)

I understand that without offering anything specific, this is no better than a tall tale, something to be dimissed as internet BS. So be it.

So be it.

Thanks for the facinating read...

chufeng

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Double agent? Traitor to the crown? Who knows, right?

How convenient.
Don't know. We asked, but no one wanted to talk about it. By now, those who knew are dead.

So were they exploiting the people by running plantations or saving them by their missionary work? I don't know of very many missionaries who run cheap labor camps.
My parents taught at missionary schools for many years. They were not missionaries.

Labor there was [still is] cheap. You pay them the prevailing wage. It is sad. I am not defending the practice.

So, you were a little mafioso?
Or just a spoiled son of a landowner who used his mom and dad's money to bully his way through the locals?
...and what year was this? Hong Kong, you say...
I have never mentioned HK. Besides, where in HK do they have land for plantation?

Mafiaso? lol. To be more accurate, JUVENILE DELINQUENT! lol

Doesn't sound like the housing for "common" folk to me.
Yes. It would seem like a PRISON to most Americans, unless if you live in the ghetto where you need triple locks on your doors and the windows are barred. lol

In a land where Law Enforcement is a joke and "arbitrary", the citizen have to fend for themselves.

So, life was cheap for you...
Again, spoiled son of a rich landowner...
The "riff-raff" you fed these bad rations to didn't mean much to you did they?
Since you were the son of a rich land-owner (allegedly) do you really think that YOU were treated just like the people on the street? NOT...and Hong Kong is not representative of all of Asia...
Certainly not representative of China, Taiwan, Thailand, or Japan.
Hardly a spoiled brat. More like "that never do-well, worthless,no son of ours" .

Not in HK. Haven't studied much about Asia, have you? lol

I was NOT treated like the locals, but I was "accepted" as one of them, b/c I happened to be the ""that never do-well, worthless,no son of ours" blacksheep of the family.

To be brutally honest, the "riff-raff" didn't mean much to anyone. As for me, I was young and ignorant and couldn't careless.

but, back to your tall tale...

If there is any truth in your story, it is more likely that Daddy and Mummsy paid to keep you safe.

You got therapy and the medicine is working...delusions are now under control;)

So be it.

Thanks for the facinating read...

chufeng

hahaha. Figured something like this would be said. If I cared about polishing my ego, I could have given specific timelines and locale. But the first rule of survival in the international arena is, "What others do not know, CANNOT hurt ME." :asian:

Now, if you would excuse me, I hear voices telling me to wash the spiders off my legs before I go train at the gym. :D

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zepp
...Also, Americans with a genuine interest in the culture of an Asian people can earn their respect and friendship, while Asians generally like hacking up British colonials with meat cleavers whenever they get the chance.

Haven't been to Asia lately, huh?

(For your info, the British were the best colonists. And all the colonies have benefitted tremeduously from the infrastructure and administration system they put in place. The biggest butt of joke of the former colonies is, "if we invited the British to come back, our former colonial masters would laugh their *** off, b/c we have ruined everything after they left." This is from the members of the Commonwealth.)

Being an American these days, is not exactly a hot shot in the international arena. People envy us. But they neither like us, nor want to be like us. Envy is not the same thing as respect.

To be safe, tell them you are a CANADIAN. Then your *** is safe no matter where you go. You can pretend to be a Norwagian (sp?) too, but you might get busted if they happened to ask you how to say something in the language.

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Yiliquan1
I never, ever said I was a JAG officer (thereby implying that I was an attorney and a commissioned officer).

I am an enlisted soldier, a Sergeant (E-5 Promotable), a military paralegal (which is what all enlisted members of the Judge Advocate General's Corps are - military paralegals.

Never once did I state or imply, overtly or covertly, that I was a commissioned officer and attorney. To do so would be in violation of federal law and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Period.

And arguing with Chufeng about my status, given that he has been both enlisted and officer, works on the same post I am stationed at and has known me personally for over 14 years would be nothing more than an exercise in futility. He knows me far better than you likely ever will (since we don't live anywhere near each other and all...).

Gambarimasu.

LOL, who is arguing? If you are NOT a JAG officer then you are NOT. What's there to argue over? I was just telling him that I didn't put the JAG association out of thin air.

The only reason I associated you with JAG, is b/c I read you mentioned working at JAG. My mistake in assuming that you were a JAG officer. Didn't know you are actually a NCO Paralegal assigned to JAG.

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
I did an internet search (using two search engines, google and yahoo)...looking for violence with edged weapons in Asia...

Every reference to China or Japan was historical in nature...
Every current incident was in India, Sri Lanka, or the Middle East.

So, I would ask that you provide us with your reference for this wide spread meat-cleaver violence...

chufeng

You cannot be seriously saying that if you can't find something on GOOGLE and Yahoo, then it must not exist. LMAO. Don't you think how silly that sounds? Most of the things that happen in other countries, NEVER make it to the foreign wire!

Violent crimes happen daily in all Asian metros (except for a few one). Check the local newspapers. Not those published for foreign consumption.

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by yilisifu
Uhmmmmm...I WAS in bookstores...very LARGE ones in Beijing and Shanghai and found NO books on dim mak and only a few on martial arts at all (and they were very poor, to say the least).
If you have lived in China, you would know for a fact that the communist regime has discouraged all MA, using the excuse that "comrades DO NOT fight comrades" (LMAO! Except that "we just poison them or murder them when they get in the way".)

"WuShu" (sp) was created by Beijing when they found that this is something they can use to polish their international image. "WuShu" is more closer to acrobat than the real McCoy.

So, it should be NO surprising to any one that China is not the best place to get public info on MA.

In modern China, fighting for any reason is frowned upon. I hate to break the news, but people do not go hacking at each with cleavers or anything else. Each practice fighting (outside of government-sponsored or recognized sanda classes) is discouraged.
That is what happens in a TOTALITARIAN regime. It is to maintain authority CONTROL.

You cannot go live in China and pretend you know what happen in other parts, cities, metros in Asia. CHina is vastly different from say, Thailand, or Indonesia.

Needless to say that ordinary folks don't go commit hineous crimes to save face. That is the same everywhere. But in every free society (China is a communist controlled authoritarian country), you have a segment of society made up of basically predatory criminals as well as violent elements.

Asians have this thing about "not to wash dirty laundry in public". If you don't hear something via the public channel, it doesn't mean it is not happening.

Most Chinese youngsters in China have no idea what dim mak is...
see above.

The "Orient" decribed earlier as "a place where they wouldn't have a second thought about slicing your head off" barely exists anymore (except in old movies). Maybe there are a handful of areas wherein such violence occurs regularly, but by and large, it isn't at all what it used to be...
hahahahaha. You don't know what you are talking about.

Try 1. Indonesia, 2. Phillipines, 3. Malaysia, 4. Burma etc. Oh and especially the mean streets of all major metropolitan cities. There are endless numbers of places where you can get your head sliced off.

If you are only thinking in terms of massacre in the scale of Rwanda, then, NO.

The assumptions made about Yiliquan 1 due to his military status were ridiculous and uncalled for.
Again, just what assumption have you all interpreted? I only ASSUMED he was a JAG officer. Other than that, I assumed JACK **** !! If you would tell me what assumption I made, I would appreciate it, 'cause then I could address it.

Edited to conform with MartialTalk standards. -Arnisador

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
JN,

I can address some of what Yiliquan1 was alluding to...

In the past, during the draft, many soldiers did, in fact, get out of hand...and of course, those are the only stories we hear about...

The Army of today is vastly different (I know, I've seen the military of the sixties, through my uncle, and experienced the military from the mid 1970s to the present)...today's soldier is professional, courteous, and genuinely cares about how he is perceived by the public...it is extremely frustrating for today's soldier to have to deal with the prejudgements of those who still want to hold the older stereotypes up as HOW our soldiers are today...Most soldiers are high-school graduates; many hold associate's degrees, bachelor's degrees, and some even have master's degrees (NO, I'm not talking about the officer corps...I'm talking about those who do the work, day in and day out, the enlisted soldier)...

Further, your comment assumed that Yiliquan1 was a "typical" (read stereotyped in the wrong way) soldier who got off work and ate chow and then hit the bars...WRONG!!!

He is a family man and has two beautiful and gifted children...
He would finish work and go home to his family, just like so many "normal" Americans do...
His excursions into the Japanese scene was not as a tourist but as a seeker...he trained with a variety of martial artists...he offered classes...he mingled with the common folks...

NO, say it ain't so...but I do say it is so...he showed the locals the respect they deserved...not the "I am an American, and therefore you should respect me," but the, "Thank you for hosting me in this wonderful country," sort of way...

It seems that you LYAO a lot in your posts...unfortunate, because some of us actually want to share some good information...

I appreciate your intrusions from time to time...keeps us on our toes and honest...but you occasionally cross the line...I can forgive that, but remember that on the other end of your keyboard is another HUMAN being...

Godspeed to the soldiers who do an outstanding job every day...
It is because of their own spilt blood that dissenters are able to express their twisted views of reality...we hold dear the freedoms granted by our constitution, even to those who would beat us over the head with those same freedoms.

chufeng

Look, I am sure he is a good man and all that. I have made no statement to the contrary, and I would have no basis for doing so.

I think you all are over sensitive about something.

You need to know that I am extremely pro law and order, as well as pro- military. If any of you thought I was the left-wing liberal, that could not be farther from the truth. I have nothing but the highest respect for the men and women who put their lives in harm's way so that the rest may continue to live in the American way of life. Needless to say, in any organization, there are deadwood, perfume princes, free-loaders and cowards. I don't automatically give anyone a free past just b/c he/she is in the service. But I certainly would NEVER disrespect someone b/c he/she is in the military.

My statement that by being a JAG officer (an inaccurate assumption in retrospect), he would have the full force and prestige of the USA government behind him. And that he would be accorded special and preferential treatment by the host country he was assigned to and he would be shielded from the "other"side of the society of the host country.

I stated that, b/c I used to be associated with a very influential organization. Eventhough personally I was nobody, the influence that came with the position allowed me to have more power and influence than I would otherwise possess. People gave preferential treatment, not b/c they liked me or admired me, but b/c of the position I held. I could be beneficial to them or be a negative factor to their career and future.

Along the same line, being a JAG officer has a lot of impact on what you may or may not encounter in Japan or any host country.

When I mentioned that his biggest challenge was at the local bar, it was just that, ie. fighting with booze! If you all read more into it, that is your problem. Don't blame me. lol Whatever you people did in the "local bar caterring to GI" must be haunting on your conscience! LMAO. That must be why you all are making a mountain out of a mole hill from what I posted.

OP
Y

yilisifu

Insofar as the bookstore thing goes, I was referring to your earlier statement wherein you said that one could "go into any bookstore in a Chinese dominated city and find tons of martial arts books.."

Last I knew, Shanghai and Beijing were pretty much dominated by the Chinese.........

I never indicated that I knew what was going on in the rest of Asia simply because I was in China, Japan, and Okinawa...and I've no doubt that there are appreciable rates of violent crime in other Asian cities, just like we have in the U.S. But your story sounds like something out of an Indiana Jones movie...but then, that's alright......

OP
C

chufeng

I don't see how you could have avoided getting chopped to bits while you were

LYAO...

;)
chufeng

In other words, yours is just one story...
Maybe you lived in a schitehole, ghetto...
Guess what? Bad things happen in ghettos here, too...

OP
C

chufeng

JN,

Serious question...

If you want us to take you seriously, you have to give up a little bit of information...(sure, you could lie)...

Your profile is a blank slate...

The claims you make would make you at least in your mid 50s, maybe older...

If you're 30something...then you obviously are pulling our collective leg...

Can you post anything about yourself?
If not, everything you post is a fairytale...

chufeng

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by yilisifu
Insofar as the bookstore thing goes, I was referring to your earlier statement wherein you said that one could "go into any bookstore in a Chinese dominated city and find tons of martial arts books.."

Last I knew, Shanghai and Beijing were pretty much dominated by the Chinese.........

I never indicated that I knew what was going on in the rest of Asia simply because I was in China, Japan, and Okinawa...and I've no doubt that there are appreciable rates of violent crime in other Asian cities, just like we have in the U.S. But your story sounds like something out of an Indiana Jones movie...but then, that's alright......

1. "Chinese dominated" would mean a city in a non-Chinese nation. Beijing, Shanghai are simply Chinese cities. That is only a simple miscommunication.

2. My story is nothing unique at all. You can find millions of people in Asia who have lived through it or still living it. Go to any plantation in the Phillipines, Indonesia, Thailand, Burma, even Malaysia. As soon as you are off the main streets in the metro, it is a different world.

Foreigners are shown the metros and all those neatly controlled area.

3. When I was growing up, seaborne piracy was not an uncommon event. Sure the authority would send in the marine and they would just sail right to the suspected pirate hideout and blasted the whole freaking islands with whatever they have.

This kind of news never made it to the front page of major newspaper that caters to foreign visitors. The local language newspaper would have no such restrain.

Piracy is still a major problem. But the marinetime crime is now targeting the shipping lane. This, b/c the victims are foreign ships, the foreigners talk. You can find info on piracy in Asian water, on the internet.

4. If you think this is Indiana Jones, that would only lend support to most non-Americans' view that Americans don't know anything beyond their border.

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't see how you could have avoided getting chopped to bits while you were

LYAO...

;)
chufeng

In other words, yours is just one story...
Maybe you lived in a schitehole, ghetto...
Guess what? Bad things happen in ghettos here, too...

Most people who live there, take extreme precaution as far safety and security are concern.

Why do you think the rest of the world think Americans are "soft" eventhough we have the biggest and most advanced military?

Most people in other parts of the world (safe for the good for nothing Europeans and the Canadians :D ), live a tougher and harder life than Americans. While they envy the Americans' material wealth and scientific achievement, they have no respect for the Yankee toughness. On the contrary, they laugh at Americans' softness. Most of them think that Americans would never hack it if you have to live in their world.

Americans don't understand this psychology and do not understand why eventhough America spends billions of $ helping out the world and yet we get no respect.

To survive in a harsh environment, you have to sacrifice a lot of freedom and individual rights. You have to compromise your ideals and sometimes even your moral code. You have to "suck it up" so to speak. You have to think" it is only bad if it happens to me".

Just b/c I didn't get hacked, doesn't mean I didn't lost a lot of people close to me. If you have seen death often enough, it stays with you. I can never shake the feeling when someone you love is about to pass into eternity. Do you know what it likes to look into a pair of eyes and the feeling of " Oh NO!" overwhelm you? It changes you.

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
JN,

Serious question...

If you want us to take you seriously, you have to give up a little bit of information...(sure, you could lie)...

Your profile is a blank slate...

The claims you make would make you at least in your mid 50s, maybe older...

If you're 30something...then you obviously are pulling our collective leg...

Can you post anything about yourself?
If not, everything you post is a fairytale...

chufeng

Exactly! I could lie. But why bother? Nothing you can say, good or bad, would have any impact on my life, what so ever. I have no use for ego boosting. I seek no approval.

I am in my 30's. Everything I have posted, is true. The only thing missing are the specific timeline and locale. If you were knowledgeable in Asian modern history, you could have easily ID the nation and approximate time line. I have given sufficient specific info. It is not hard to pinpoint at all.

If you want to take the whole thing as fairytale, fine with me. It wouldn't make any difference in my life whether you are enlightened or enriched by my posts here. lol

I have a mission to fullfill. Until then, I just have to keep my mouth shut.

There are a lot of things going on that people simply are not awared of, and they pretend that they don't exist. I can tell you more about things that are happening in your backyard that America is pretending it is not happening. But this is a martial art forum, and I do not wish to usurp it.

Latest Discussions