Are Kenpo (any kind) and Taijiquan the Same?

Are Kenpo (any kind) and Taijiquan the Same?

• Kenpo and Taijiquan are the same

• Kenpo and Taijiquan are nothing alike

• I don't know enough about either to say for sure

• You're kidding, right?

Results are only viewable after voting.
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Yiliquan1
If you ever make it up this way, consider the gauntlet dropped!

So be it! And likewise for you and yours, down this way!
(I might even spring)

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Yiliquan1
It is nice to see that folks with vocabularies as seemingly large as yours acting in such a mature fashion. (most simple folks like me use "false," "wrong," "incorrect," or even "untrue" rather than "specious," but then most simple folks aren't trying to impress others with how little they know, either...) Your profile says you are a physician... I would think that someone with that kind of background would find other entertainment, rather than attempting to bait people on the internet, but then I guess it takes all kinds...

Dave -

You speak far too well of me. When you have met me and we have trained together, then you will have enough info to make a call on what kind of person I am. For all you know I am a first rate a$$hole. While I thank you for the kind comments, don't worry about chiming in to defend me from guys like this. I am starting to see a trend in the kind of people that take a disliking to me, and they are all cut from the same cloth.

I have been thinking about some vacation plans for next year... Can you recommend anything in Oz of particular merit? I meant to get down that way when I was living in Japan, but it just never happened...

And the only grand opinion I have of myself is the amount of sushi I can eat. Anyone will tell you that beyond my ability to consume comestibles (Kenpodoc, that means food... but the etymology is Middle French, from Medieval Latin comestibilis, from Latin comestus, past participle of comedere to eat, from com- + edere to eat. ;) )

Gambarimasu.
:asian: :tank: :asian:

Maybe I was wrong about you....

Hey I wasn't actually defending you, as such. I was only disagreeing with, what I felt was an incorrect(specious) description of you. All I did was comment on how you have communicated with me.

As to things to see here in Aust., you name it we've got it. If you surf, we have surf. If you eat:)rofl: ) you need to come to Melbourne. We have the best restaurants in the world. If you want theme parks, you'd better go to Queensland in the north. If you want to see desert, you can go to central and west. We have the best beaches of anywhere in the world. Oh and I almost forgot, with Mike and myself, as well as many who don't post here or not as often, we have the friendliest martial artists in the world.

:D

--Dave
As they say on TV, "C'MON DOWN!!"

K

Kirk

Originally posted by D.Cobb
--Dave
As they say on TV, "C'MON DOWN!!"

You forgot to say that you'd "put a shrimp on the barbie" for him.

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kirk
You forgot to say that you'd "put a shrimp on the barbie" for him.

Nah mate! Down here, we don't actually call them shrimp. If you saw the size of our king prawns, you'd know why. As you could probably figure from the previous sentence, we call them prawns.

The best thing about these puppies, is you don't really need to cook them if you don't want to. You just tear their heads off,(they make great finger puppets for grossing out children:D ), crack their shells, remove the black stripe from up their back, (that's the poop tube.:shrug: ), and eat them, ooooooh my mouth is watering just thinking about it....

--Dave

:asian:

parkerkarate

Blue Belt
Reaction score
From what I have seen, Kenpo has been influenced by Kung Fu. We use a lot of circular motions and elaborate motions in techniques. I can especially say this while I am learning long form 6. This form does not stop at all between techniques, so in some ways it looks like Kung Fu until you empisize power. Tai Chi to me is just slow Kung Fu, I am sorry if I said something mean to anyone in this post but it is just how I feel.